GAME 5: Habs at Flyers, 8 PM on 19 August

tomh009

First g

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think what happens is that when Philly falls behind, they have to open up - but when they do that, our speed kills them and they get scored on in bunches.

The key, therefore, is to break that goose-egg. Make them play our game rather than the reverse.

First goal has won every game.

10 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

First g

Right. So Philly goes up, they lock it down, we get shut out. We go up, Philly opens up, and we score a bunch. That's been the pattern for the series - no reason to think it won't apply in Game Six.

36 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

First g

We score 5 we win. We don’t score we lose. Outside of the first game, that’s the way it’s been.

31 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Right. So Philly goes up, they lock it down, we get shut out. We go up, Philly opens up, and we score a bunch. That's been the pattern for the series - no reason to think it won't apply in Game Six.

Philly did get up 2-1 in game 5 and we managed to come back.  But yeah, having the lead is huge. 

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Philly did get up 2-1 in game 5 and we managed to come back.  But yeah, having the lead is huge. 

By that time the game had opened up already, and we tied it up almost immediately. So I think the theory makes sense.

First team to score has won every game so its safe to say that the first goal is crucial tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

A reminder that the KK hit was 5 minutes and a game misconduct, and the Niskanen crosscheck on Gallagher hit wasn't even a penalty.

Chris Lee can go f himself.

Don't forget AV with his quote about how it was a hockey play, Gallagher got up and was talking, and that it isn't Niskanens fault he is taller than him. 

I feel a rage I haven't felt from hockey since I tried to take my skate off and stab a guy. 

Edit: I didn't actually do that, it is a Happy Gilmore reference 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Domi

Byron - Danault - Lehkonen

Hudon - Evans - Weal

Would be how I'd line em up with this injury. 

Id rather see the fresh blood... the young blood

Its time for a spark that Weal just can't provide

Tatar Suzuki Armia

Domi KK Drouin

Hudon Danault Lehk

Byron Evans Poehling 

balance the lineup a little bit more and roll 4 lines and try not to over coach as the home team...

21 minutes ago, illWill said:

Don't forget AV with his quote about how it was a hockey play, Gallagher got up and was talking, and that it isn't Niskanens fault he is taller than him.

Generally, coaches don't come out in a press conference and talk about how dirty the play committed by his own player was and encourage the league to suspend him.  Of course he was going to try to spin it.

Just now, dlbalr said:

Generally, coaches don't come out in a press conference and talk about how dirty the play committed by his own player was and encourage the league to suspend him.  Of course he was going to try to spin it.

A cross check to the jaw is a hockey play. 

Trying to score on the Power Play is bad manners. 

• Upvote 1

Looking forward ... Habs are 1-2 "on the road "and 2-0 "at home" ... even with no fans the regular season trend carried over

I said before the game that I thought the Habs would come out flying and win last night, but not be able to match it in Game 6 ... Gallagher injury may give them a bump tomorrow

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't see how you can break up  Drouin - Suzuki - Armia after that game.

I actually agree with that... they were great

Drouin Suzy Armia

Tatar KK Domi

Hudon Danault Lehk

Byron Evans Poehling

I can't see Weal having an impact so why not the un known of Poehling? Hes bigger faster and assuming way more hungry.

We need to find a way to generate offence.  I think there is more chance of Weal getting a goal or an assist, than there is of Poehling. 

Taking away our best forward isn't going to help the offence, and no one is going to replace Gally, but I think Weal has a better shot of contributing to a goal than Poehling.   Poehling is better defensively, but I'm not worried about our defensive game. 

We should stop requesting that Poehling play. He’s obviously low on the depth chart right now, and there are better options ahead of him.

34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

We need to find a way to generate offence.  I think there is more chance of Weal getting a goal or an assist, than there is of Poehling...

Plus, Weal has shown an ability to win PP faceoffs ... a boost to any PP ... he, Danault and Domi were the only Habs centres over 50% on the PP this season.

2 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Gally out for the series.. hopefully motivates the fellas to come out flying tomorrow night!

Win it for #11

They won one for Julien. I do think they can win one for Gallagher as well.

I’m not sure why they have to make a decision that’s arguable. It should have been 2 or 3 games. 2 games is the amount no one can argue.

Either he’s out for the rest of this series, or this series and the first game of next round. 

This way he’s either out for the rest of this series, or he comes back for 1 game (7) whereas Gallagher will not.