GAME 6: Flyers at Habs, 7 PM on 21 August

tomh009

Maybe Suzuki should rub Harts head for luck again. 

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We are way too perimeter right now. GOOOOO TO THE NET

Ya, they seem to try to take a lot of shots, but fairly useless ones from far out that are easy saves. 

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Ya, they seem to try to take a lot of shots, but fairly useless ones from far out that are easy saves.

Yeah, looking for rebounds but there are not many to be had.

But both Ouellet (!) and Tatar had good chances close up. Not quite good enough, though.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Yeah, looking for rebounds but there are not many to be had.

But both Ouellet (!) and Tatar had good chances close up. Not quite good enough, though.

They often seem to take crappy shots when no one is out front of the net, and sometimes its even when there is a pass opportunity to a player that is in a better position to shoot. 

Uncle Nate ... sigh

Think he really slowed down the handshake line as he had a hug for almost everyone

2 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Guys tried hard but we’re fighting an up hill battle all game by lucky fluke goals.  

There were not many passengers on tonight's team. A great effort but not quite enough to make up for the poor puck luck.

Well they put themselves in a hole with those two shutouts... couple of lucky bounces and philly was able to shut them down for the win...

frankly, no business being in the playoffs. Some good kids on this team but they need some more talent to start building a competitive team.

Well that sucks.

We do have some great things to celebrate though, Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are both fantastic and gained great experience. We played them hard and we could have just as easily have won.

I have an even lower opinion of Domi now. I would call Edmonton, Calgary, Florida and Nashville to see if one of them value him high.

Looking forward to see what happens this offseason

Montreal outplayed Philly 3 out of 6 games and matched them in game 1. I feel like if you play this series 10 times, Habs win 9 of em. What a drag after seeing them play so well, to come out behind. Luck was on Phillys side. 

2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Is this really "the best team in the NHL"? If they are, we're a Cup contender next year. (And, no, I don't think either one of those is true.)

Personally I think Philly looked like crap.

Islanders really shouldn’t have to hard of a time with them IMO.

1 minute ago, brobin said:

Well they put themselves in a hole with those two shutouts... couple of lucky bounces and philly was able to shut them down for the win...

frankly, no business being in the playoffs. Some good kids on this team but they need some more talent to start building a competitive team.

They weren't competitive? I disagree.