Georges Laraques

hankhab

According to Spectorshockey, Georges Laraques days in Edmonton may be numbered....he's not getting much ice time, and is struggling....I'd be willing to give him a chance on the fourth line with Begin and Higgens....any thoughts?

Heavy scarless puncher like Laraque with some reasonable talents that did pretty well playing on the third line in the ''old'' league seems to be relegated at best to the fourth line if not at playing a '' reservist '' role plain and simple.

Unlike Yvanans, I doubt Laraques would be a happy chap playing a ''reservist'' role in Montreal.

So getting him will only make sense if he is good enought to be a ''regular'' on the fourth line which means tassing aside one of our regular on that line.

And if he was good enought material for being a fouthliner, I am shure Edmonton would keep him.....and keep paying him his 1 million+'s salary.

Langdon as not played a game yet with the New Jersey...time are changing it seems.

Perhaps they would all be in the box at the same time, my question is who in their right mind would go out for their shift if those guys were all out there! I am still looking for an update on Ivanans...I know he's out for a while but when will he return? Are we not going to bring up any muscle? I was at the Toronto game and if Toronto wanted to, they could have easily out-muscled us!

I live out here in Edmonton.

Georges is having a hard time adjusting to the new NHL. He spends a lot of time working on a radio station out here as an ANN LANDERS type. He is a self proclaimed expert on relationships.

I'd rather this clown skate with any other team than with the Montreal Canadiens.

Although Youppi could use a side kick.

:hlogo:

And then you pull the goalie for the legendary 6-on-2 powerplay. I feel for the team that feels the embarassment of being scored on in that situation.

We aren't as small as everyone thinks. Our size is deceiving. Bégin is 5"11 but can take anyone. Koivu is 5"11 but is impossible to take off the puck, Zednik is very strong on his feet, Ivanans can squash opposing goons with his finger and we've seen some solid hittting from forwards such as Bulis and Higgins. Don't forget Komisarek and Souray on D who won't hesitate to grind you to dust.

We have all the strength we need, as far as I know Ivanans is listed as day-to-day. Injuries take longer to heal for a goon because they don't only have to wait for it to heal but they have to wait for it to go <b>completely</b> back to normal because they have to be well enough to fight. Ivanans can't play if he can't fight. He won't scare away anyone.

Laraque isn't good enough to take a regular shift in Montreal (if you think Dagenais is slow, watch Laraque skate) and would certainly not settle for being a mere goon and playing only once a week. My friend used to live in Edmonton, and I trust his hockey knowledge implicitly - one of his knocks on Laraque was that he very self-consciously wanted to be known as more than a fighter, and that would sometimes lead to him shirking his enforcer duties. A lot of that is probably guys avoiding him because of his reputation as one of if not the best fighter in the NHL; but evidently there were times where some guys needed to be straightened out and Georges didn't do the business, leaving someone like Jason to have to drop the gloves.

Either way - not a good fit in Montreal. Give me Ivanans instead.

Originally posted by matsnaslundsuperfan

I live out here in Edmonton.

Georges is having a hard time adjusting to the new NHL. He spends a lot of time working on a radio station out here as an ANN LANDERS type. He is a self proclaimed expert on relationships.

I'd rather this clown skate with any other team than with the Montreal Canadiens.

Although Youppi could use a side kick.

:hlogo:

I agree with your opening statement. Also, may I say that it was exclaimed with boldness.

It's curious that Laraques has that role on the radio. Seriously, I wonder if he has an education or training in psychology or some related field. If that's the case then what he's doing has some validity to it.

By the way, I find that your last pronouncement is somewhat bold also.

Originally posted by hankhab

According to Spectorshockey, Georges Laraques days in Edmonton may be numbered....he's not getting much ice time, and is struggling....I'd be willing to give him a chance on the fourth line with Begin and Higgens....any thoughts?

I am not a fan of knuckle heads, but to bring Laraques to Montreal all I have to say is. "LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!".

For many reasons.:ghg:

Originally posted by hankhab

It depends on the salary he accepts. In a way, we don't need him but, with Ivanans out for a bit, he would be useful but, for the long term, I don't like the idea.

But then again.... (talk about straddling the fence). It all boils down to salary for me.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: