Koivu, kovalev, zednik

habsfan88

By the time Sundin comes back, Lindros should be concussed by a thundering Mike Komisarek bodycheck, Jamie Allison's hip will probably have fallen apart and Ed Belfour's back will have been turned into a pretzel if not by a Perezhogin deke, then by Belfours decrepid old age

Originally posted by kaos

By the time Sundin comes back, Lindros should be concussed by a thundering Mike Komisarek bodycheck, Jamie Allison's hip will probably have fallen apart and Ed Belfour's back will have been turned into a pretzel if not by a Perezhogin deke, then by Belfours decrepid old age

Yeah too bad they are all healthy right now, it seems like the only way the Leafs aren't gonna dominate is through injuries, Komisarek aint doing nothing with his slow d. For now we got our roster, and they are only gonna get better...

I want you to promiss me you will write me once the Maple Leafs get farther than the Haboos praising each one of the maple leaf players. I want you to dedicate one whole page elobarating on Sundin's impeccable skills, and how Koivu just couldn't match up well enough... Oh and giving up Tucker for us, I commend you for that...

YEah Mark I don't think I'll be doing much typing either. Especially with that performace the Laughs put in against Philly.

Is it just me or is this guy ######ed? He does know that Tucker didn't come over from the Habs right? He came from Tampa Bay. And you can have your whinny bitch Tucker, cause we have Steve Begin, who skates circles around him.

Besides, Tucker will end up like his brother in law Shayne Corson, quitting on them in the end.

Right about now Komisarek looks a hell of alot better than Aki Berg and Wade Belak.

Ask Darcy Tucker and Lindros how slow footed Mike Komisarek is. He drilled them into the boards numoreous times

[Edited on 2005/10/24 by kaos]

Originally posted by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Hey KAOS .....Your wrong........Tucker came from the Habs............Does anyone know if Zed will be back for the Philly came?

Here's a print-out of TSN's record on Tucker's team moves:

09-Feb-00: Tampa Bay Lightning traded Darcy Tucker, a 4th round selection (Miguel Delisle) in 2000 and future considerations to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Mike Johnson, Marek Posmyk, a 5th (Pavel Sedov) and 6th (Aaron Gionet) round selections in 2000 and future considerations.

15-Jan-98: Tampa Bay Lightning traded Patrick Poulin, Mick Vukota and Igor Ulanov to the Montreal Canadiens for Stephane Richer, Darcy Tucker and David Wilkie.

26-Jun-93: Drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the 6th round (151st overall) in 1993.

2. Koivu is going to have one of his best years this year especially when it comes to goals. He will get about 35 goals this year just watch. i know it has only been 8 games..and i have seen him put up points but i have not seen him score THIS much..so watch out for koivu this year

That's assuming he stays healthy.

Koivu seems like he can score 35 at the beginning of every season, but an endless list of injuries follows his career.

I think taking his young countryman off of his line while they are producing may anger him a bit.

If putting Zednik back on the 1st line in place of Perezhogin is going to anger Kovalev, then fine - he can get as pissy as he wants.

If, like you say, he's going to have an attitude about playing next to a Slovakian instead of a Russian, then it was a mistake signing him.

Anyways, the 1st line is working great. Perezhogin is playing next to an excellent play-maker and a sniper, and things seem to be going extremely well for him. I doubt Julien does anything with this line (until neccesary).

The line that needs help right now is the 2nd. There is a spot on that line just waiting for Zednik to take.

I don't think Kovalev is one to get pissy about such things. Hes a veteran, and understands that line juggling is part of the game, especially with a veteran being involved. Besides, him, Koivu and Zednik had good chemistry in the playoffs a few years ago, so I don't see him as a problem.

Ribeiro may be a problem as there seems to be rumours of him being cliquey, although I'm not sure how true these rumours are

something I found particularly funny was how Julien left Perezhogin on the ice after his hit on Primeau... Peres was looking (I thought) "Ohh Did I hurt him? I'm really sworry.. But then I realized he was looking at the bench.. like saying... " Do you really want me out here coach?? they are gonna come after me now!!!"

and Julien nodding "yeah yeah Stay there little one skate as fast as u can we'll use u as bait for more penalties!!

Originally posted by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Hey KAOS .....Your wrong........Tucker came from the Habs............Does anyone know if Zed will be back for the Philly came?

No I'm not. He didn't go to Toronto via the Habs. He went through Tampa Bay which was my whole point.

Read the posts and understand the trade history before adding your 2 cents

[Edited on 2005/10/26 by kaos]

Originally posted by CoRvInA

ZEDNIK IS BACK!  he'll play agaisnt OTT!

Check out RDS.CA

i just sensed a shudder throughout the whole of ottawa

[Edited on 2005/10/26 by mrgodo]