Draft Day Discussion

dlbalr

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

If Hendrix Lapierre drops past 25, I'd love to see the Habs trade up using their 2nds to go for that high-risk/high-reward player.

I won't be totally surprised if that happens. Especially if Lapierre is not drafted in the 1st round.

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Habs seem to be big on size, suddenly?

Interesting pick. I’m a huge believer in the importance of quality D-men, so I won’t complain.

I read he can skate though..

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

If Hendrix Lapierre drops past 25, I'd love to see the Habs trade up using their 2nds to go for that high-risk/high-reward player.

I'd like to see that, but i doubt it'll happen!

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That's never a wise idea... :)

Stats, scouting reports, highlights for Guhle - my usual 1st-round pick article: https://www.habsworld.net/2020/10/habs-select-kaiden-guhle-16th-overall/

:Looks good

I think I heard Kaiden's last name pronounced like "ghoul".  If correct, that is awesome.

48 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Columbus picked a guy at 21 that no one has even heard of. Seriously, every broadcast just kept the shot on Jarmo's face while they scrambled for something to cut to.

Interesting. NBC guys seemed to know all about him. Agreed it was a huge reach, but they didn't seem to panic. Granted, they went to commercial after Pierre's initial comment, but didn't feel like an unexpected break.

42 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Interesting. NBC guys seemed to know all about him. Agreed it was a huge reach, but they didn't seem to panic. Granted, they went to commercial after Pierre's initial comment, but didn't feel like an unexpected break.

He didn’t get drafted last year. Playing well this year but still this looks awfully high.

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Perfetti finally at #10, I expected him to go earlier.

Wonder if Domi and our 16 could’ve landed that pick.

6 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

It might well have, but that trade does not improve the team next season like the Anderson trade should. I know that you, and many others here don’t care for the Domi trade version 2, but that doesn’t change two things: 1. It was a trade made with the intention of immediate improvement and 2. Despite his issues Anderson was coveted by many other teams around the league by all accounts.

I would have liked MB to use an asset to get the 21 or 22 pick and grab Lappierre. No matter what our GM does no one is going to be 100% happy with all his moves  unless, and until we win a Cup. 

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

2 hours ago, PMAC said:

It might well have, but that trade does not improve the team next season like the Anderson trade should. I know that you, and many others here don’t care for the Domi trade version 2, but that doesn’t change two things: 1. It was a trade made with the intention of immediate improvement and 2. Despite his issues Anderson was coveted by many other teams around the league by all accounts.

I would have liked MB to use an asset to get the 21 or 22 pick and grab Lappierre. No matter what our GM does no one is going to be 100% happy with all his moves  unless, and until we win a Cup. 

Exactly PMAC ... MB was not trading Domi or the #16 for a player that he might never get to see play for him as a Hab ... IMO he is essentially "playing for a contract" in 20/21 ... his current deal runs through 21/22 ... I don't want MB "playing out" the last year of his deal in 21/22 ... it risks short-sighted, panic moves to try to save his job.

Well;

likely early 2nd round picks; Peterka, Mysak, Wallinder, Gunler, Grans, Kleven, O'Rourke, Colangelo, Tuch.

Are any of these worth trading up to the 30s for, assume with no 3rd picks, it would have to be 47 or 48 and 57, overpay?

Any of these teams (other then Sens, who have four 2nds already) possibly open to trading down add a 2nd pick (one of California teams perhaps?)?

32 2-1
Red Wings
Red Wings

33 2-2
Senators
Senators

34 2-3
Sharks
Sharks

35 2-4
Kings
Kings

36 2-5
Ducks
Ducks

37 2-6
Devils
Devils
Predators
Predators

Traded • P.K. Subban to Devils for • Steven Santini • Jeremy Davies • 2019 second round pick (#34-Bobby Brink) • 2020 second round pick (?-?) on 2019-06-22

38 2-7
Sabres
Sabres

39 2-8
Wild
Wild