Hudon  / Evans  / Byron 

Extra  --  Weal  / Poehling  

Chiarot  / Weber

Romanov  / Petry 

Edmundson  / Kulak

Extra--- Mete 

Price

Allen 

So this is what we're looking at come spring training. Does Bergevin add to this or is he pretty much done. i am hoping he adds Dadonov to the mix. He would look good on that 3rd line 

Dadonov  / Kotkaniemi  / Armia 

Then 4th line would be 

Lehkonen  / Evans  / Byron 

Pretty much all 4 lines can score .

I too would like Dadonov but would prefer Anderson on the 3rd line, move one of Josh or Joel to the left-side ... with the physicality that KK started to show in the tournament that line would play "heavy"

Ideally, don't see Hudon or weal as anything more than a 13th forward ... if that

As for Romanov, I don't see him starting with Petry ... expect Kulak stays there for now and Romanov pairs with Edmundson ... believe MB said they will see if Romanov is more comfortable on the right or left side (lots of Russians play their off offside), and Edmundson said he has played both ... 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I too would like Dadonov but would prefer Anderson on the 3rd line, move one of Josh or Joel to the left-side ... with the physicality that KK started to show in the tournament that line would play "heavy"

Ideally, don't see Hudon or weal as anything more than a 13th forward ... if that

As for Romanov, I don't see him starting with Petry ... expect Kulak stays there for now and Romanov pairs with Edmundson ... believe MB said they will see if Romanov is more comfortable on the right or left side (lots of Russians play their off offside), and Edmundson said he has played both ... 

They traded for Anderson not to be a bottom 6 but a top 6 player. Which means they will give him every opportunity to play on the 1st or 2nd line. If Drouin is going to play with Suzuki, they will need some size on that line which is why I put Anderson on their line. 

9 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

They traded for Anderson not to be a bottom 6 but a top 6 player. Which means they will give him every opportunity to play on the 1st or 2nd line. If Drouin is going to play with Suzuki, they will need some size on that line which is why I put Anderson on their line. 

Get where you are coming from ... would just note that "Bottom 6" includes the possibility of 4th line ... I see him as a Top 9 forward for a three offensive lines team ... which absent a 40 goal scorer the Habs will (IMO) have to be ... good logic for Suzuki/Drouin but then KK needs a LW with better offence than Leks

27 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Agreed and given Dadonov also RW I don’t see it.

I think the line mentioned above has potential and will be given time to gel.

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson will be it.

Lehks-KK-Armia have been great before and KK shows more potential as a two way centre anyways, Suzuki will drive the offensive line. KK eventually makes Danault expendable (2-3 years out) so if he resigns at decent price will be easy to move.  

If Drouin is our 1st line left winger, we are truly F-ed.  I want to see a shooter added: Hoffman is who I'd be happy with, since acquiring Laine is a pipe dream.

Also, Hudon has no business being in our lineup...or any NHL lineup for that matter.

Just now, sbhatt said:

If Drouin is our 1st line left winger, we are truly F-ed.  I want to see a shooter added: Hoffman is who I'd be happy with, since acquiring Laine is a pipe dream.

For the money and term i would stay away from Hoffman and Hall . They will get eaten alive in Montreal if they disappear on the ice like they tend to do at times.

2 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

For the money and term i would stay away from Hoffman and Hall . They will get eaten alive in Montreal if they disappear on the ice like they tend to do at times.

I'm bracing myself for another season of watching Drouin floating around and producing little...we are all used to him disappearing by now I guess.

9 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I'm bracing myself for another season of watching Drouin floating around and producing little...we are all used to him disappearing by now I guess.

Yeah he gets a pass with the media and French fans because he's French and from Montreal. You think Hall or Hoffman would get that same pass? I think not.

6 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Yeah he gets a pass with the media and French fans because he's French and from Montreal. You think Hall or Hoffman would get that same pass? I think not.

I think that's where you have to call 'scorecard': Drouin .229 goals/game played as a fulltime NHL player, Hoffman .346 goals/game played as a fulltime NHL player.  19 goal scorer vs. 30 goal scorer...I know who I'd rather have in my top 6.  Tell anyone who only wants to watch French hockey players to become a fan of a team in the Magnus league in France....this team needs scoring to win, not names/language.

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

Also, Hudon has no business being in our lineup...or any NHL lineup for that matter.

Tatar is the top LW

Like I said in the "Bergevin 2020" thread, I think MB will be UFA shopping for an experienced bottom-6 C.

It's harder to see a likely UFA fit as a top-6 LW. I can see Bergevin going, "well, between Drouin and Byron, maybe we'll be OK for a #2 LW." I agree that that's kinda crap, but I won't be surprised if that's the outcome.

Mikko Koivu? Hate to take ice from Evans, but smart, defensive, face off winning vet ... seems to check some boxes. 

6 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Mikko Koivu? Hate to take ice from Evans, but smart, defensive, face off winning vet ... seems to check some boxes. 

I forget who it was (thinking Dave Pagnotta or Andy Strickland) had the Habs as one of the teams likely to pursue him.  Having said that, Bergevin said the other day he was unsure about bringing a veteran centre in although that was before the Domi trade so things may have changed.

9 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

If he takes league minimum and doesn't take ice time away from Evans, I'd rather have a veteran travelling with the team and sitting in the press box than a youngster who could be playing in Laval. But would Mikko be at all interested in being the 13th forward on a team? From what I can tell, he spends off-seasons back in Finland, so I think he'd be more likely to play back home than take a 5th center role in the NHL.

34 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

If he takes league minimum and doesn't take ice time away from Evans, I'd rather have a veteran travelling with the team and sitting in the press box than a youngster who could be playing in Laval. But would Mikko be at all interested in being the 13th forward on a team? From what I can tell, he spends off-seasons back in Finland, so I think he'd be more likely to play back home than take a 5th center role in the NHL.

Think he will want some assurances (there are never guarantees) that he will be playing most every night ... but have read he is willing to play 4C ... might help Evans long-term to work with someone like Mikko (potentially Poehling too) ... 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Think he will want some assurances (there are never guarantees) that he will be playing most every night ... but have read he is willing to play 4C ... might help Evans long-term to work with someone like Mikko (potentially Poehling too) ... 

Yes. I think it's quite unwise - indeed, downright foolish - to go into a season relying on 3 C who have about 170 games of NHL experience between them. Whether Mikko or someone else, a veteran #4C is needed.

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Habs need to stop with old washed up players, 

Continue the youth movement. 

Agree with the youth movement, but would like to pick out younger players with a track record to be part of the core.  I’m tired of bring veteran washouts, but at the same time, I was really hoping for a young elite winger whose produced for 3-4 years, as well as take some flyers on other young players that may not have fit with the teams that drafted them.  With two really young centres, I was hoping fir a Laine type player with one and Gallagher with the other.

They don;t have any top end wingers im aware of except Caufield. 

Center they have plenty of them to fill out a roster, Plus Poehling hopefully improves and can land a 4th line spot this year. 

If they are out of the playoffs again, moving tatar and some other will help the youth movement 

40 minutes ago, Chris said:

Habs need to stop with old washed up players, 

Continue the youth movement. 

Minnesota had 6 more points in two fewer games than the Habs(so not a bottom-feeder team) and Koivu played 3rd line minutes for them last season ... his scoring was way down but as a 4C I hardly think he is washed up ... and Koivu as 4C with Evans (maybe Poehling at some point) could be a great mentor for a season.

Let’s play the kids, live and die with them and have them learn to win as a young team together

enough of looking for a security blanket 

image.gif

Edited by alfredoh2009

34 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Let’s play the kids, live and die with them and have them learn to win as a young team together

enough of looking for a security blanket 

image.gif

Personally I would be on board with that ... but MB's moves have shown he believes the Tournament showed the team is in win now mode ... so youngsters will (IMO) only be playing if they produce ... not for development