Josh Anderson Signed to a 7 year 38.5 million$ Contract!

Habsfan

I must say, the more I read about this guy, the more I like the trade. If he can average 25 goals and 25 assists per season, I'll be happy!

5 minutes ago, Neech said:

Wow this seems like a huge overpay for a guy with one good year.  

Ignoring his partial rookie season and the last season with injury:

2016-17: 0.37 points/game, 14.29%

2017-18: 0.48, 10.11%

2018-19: 0.57, 11.74%

His trajectory looks good, and the shooting percentage sustainable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

This is a high risk contract, but it is precisely what it was gonna take to get him here.

Agree 100% with your comments. It wasn't going to be cheap. If he has a godd year the price tag would have been high when he became a UFA.  They must be convinced his shoulder is sound. 

1 minute ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

I’m a little surprised at AAV 5.5m. When we’re going full term at 7 years and COVID 19 discount apparently treading in NHL 

There’s a possibility that a big ticket UFA will have to wait tmrw. Lots of teams hurting for cap space.

Think there is a slight Montreal/Quebec/Canada premium in the deal ... but that is what it takes to get players to sign ... agree about the shoulder ... if it isn't sound and JA misses games and/or isn't productive then this could be detrimental to his future as habs GM ... THAT said ... everything I've read/heard was that he was ready to play if CBJ had made it past TBL ... the injury, a posterior labral tear, is apparently more common (and serious) for sports that require repetitive overhead motions, such as tennis, baseball or weightlifting ... hopefully that bodes well for Anderson's recovery.

• Like 1

WOW!! 😮😮😮 I sure wasn't expecting that from Mr. "Handles Nickles Like Manhole Covers" Bergevin.

This is a huge risk on a guy coming off a disastrous season. I don't understand why there wasn't any sort of haircut following from the combination of flat cap and terrible season. It's as if the Habs felt they had no leverage.

What all of this says to me is that the Habs' pro scouting staff absolutely loves this guy: he must be someone they've wanted for a long time. And now that they have him they're like, "damn the torpedoes, you're our guy!"

They'd better be right.

• Like 2

idk why but i think the 7 yrs is more of a Fyou to Domi since its going to his buddy and his contract is another show me deal but I been watching Alot of télénovellas recently so maybe I aint seeing this right lollll  :)

• Like 1

Wow. Big time risk deal. I think he has the potential to outplay it, but I thought Boone Jenner was going to be a great power forward, too. Bergevin did the same thing with Drouin... Let's hope this one works out better. I like Anderson a heck of a lot more than Drouin to start, so that's a plus for me, at least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Tom Wilson's contract is six years, $31M and he signed it off a 14-21-35 campaign after his previous career high in goals was seven.  It's safe to say that deal set the standard which led to this one.

Didn’t he sign that after they won a cup and his playoff numbers being factored in?