Josh Anderson Signed to a 7 year 38.5 million$ Contract!

Habsfan

On 6/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, BCHabnut said:

I was annoyed with KK and Anderson for a while. I'm not anymore.

Anderson yes I was, KK no. If he was 25 i might of been but he is 13th among Hab forwards in playoff icetime/gm and doing well faceoffs is 53.9%.

Not that Anderson was floating and effort wasnt there, but he was just snakebit and couldnt score.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, BCHabnut said:

I was annoyed with KK and Anderson for a while. I'm not anymore.

Umm, Gallagher has 4 points in 12 playoff games. Not exactly stellar numbers. He's trying, of course (being Gally, he could do nothing else but give his all), but he looks slow and clunky out there to me. I had the same impression last playoff. Injured or not, he needs to crank it up.

Gallagher career 6.9% shooting in playoffs (6.5% this year)

10.1% reg season

Not sure if scoring in general is lower in playoffs or not?

Gallagher was flying out there during the overtime period last game. 

Speaking of Gallagher, he seems to be bent over labouring to catch his breath at every whistle.  
It worries me that he is dealing with fatigue due to injury, illness...???

It also looks bad when every other skater is skating to the bench and he’s bent over like a novice player. Everyone knows you catch breath better standing up with open airways, so why is he needing to be bent over all of the time? 

4 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Speaking of Gallagher, he seems to be bent over labouring to catch his breath at every whistle.  
It worries me that he is dealing with fatigue due to injury, illness...???

It also looks bad when every other skater is skating to the bench and he’s bent over like a novice player. Everyone knows you catch breath better standing up with open airways, so why is he needing to be bent over all of the time? 

Players doing that always make me worry about rib/abdominal injuries.

8 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

He's trying to catch his breath because ...

• He's in bad shape and gets out of breath quickly?
  • Or he's working hard and skating flat out, so runs out of breath?

It all depends on what you think ...

6 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Players doing that always make me worry about rib/abdominal injuries.

Yeah, me too. And it’s frequency indicates something is going on as I know he is reputed to keep himself in good shape. 

6 hours ago, tomh009 said:

He's trying to catch his breath because ...

• He's in bad shape and gets out of breath quickly?
  • Or he's working hard and skating flat out, so runs out of breath?

It all depends on what you think ...

No doubt he works hard, but so do many other players who are not hunched over labouring after each whistle.
From what I’ve read he stays in great shape, so not questing his fitness in that regard.

As commented above, it becomes worrisome because it would indicate some injury or ailment of sorts.   Could explain his dip in production as well.

I get your point about and getting that unless something gets released from team it’s all opinion, but based on what I’ve seen it appears he is battling something as he hasn’t behaved like this throughout his career. He has always been a bent over recovery position guy but not to this extent.

Totally didn’t realize this was an Anderson thread and didn’t mean to derail, just some comments regarding Gally clicked with my observations of his actions and had me wonder out loud so to speak.