Habs sign Tyler Toffoli

Trizzak

3 minutes ago, Neech said:

Bergevin is the only GM giving out term in this market  Another overpaid middle-6er. 

I dont think 4.25 million is an overpay for a 50 point winger. I do wonder where he fits in the lineup though. I like Armia and Gallagher ahead of him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

The Habs are now officially over the cap by a few hundred thousand with one roster spot still needing to be filled.. 

which spot ?

Just now, BCHabnut said:

I dont think 4.25 million is an overpay for a 50 point winger. I do wonder where he fits in the lineup though. I like Armia and Gallagher ahead of him.

And Anderson. 

1 minute ago, JoeLassister said:

which spot ?

Forward.

If we operate under the assumption that Ouellet will be sent to Laval, then the Habs lone extra player will be a defenseman, and the Habs will only have $383 691 in cap space. 

So... more moves coming, even if it's just a guy like Weal sent to Laval. 

5 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Isnt Anderson a LW?

Possibly?

But the right shooting wingers on the team are Gallagher, Anderson, Toffoli, and Armia.

The left shooting wingers are Tatar, Drouin, Lehkonen, and Byron.

16 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

which spot ?

They have 12 forwards, 8 defencemen and 2 goalies signed ... so swap out a defenceman for a forward ... say Ouellette ($737.5K) to Laval and Evans ($750) to Montreal .. leaving $366,309 over the cap ... expect Byron would be a good target to move ($3.4M), or maybe Lehkonen ($2.4M) ... might also expect them to try to move Weal ($1.4) and replace him with a cheaper 12/13th forward (Belzile?) ... of course MB could get more creative and make a hockey trade and not just a contract dump ... if with picks and prospects added Tartar could get another Top 6 LW I could see Tomas getting moved

The old strategy of taking away the middle of the ice, may prove more difficult for opposing teams now with kk, Anderson, Tafoli, Armia, all showing reasonable strength on the wall. This also appears to be a team more suited to CJ's style. We shall see.

I believe he is a better LW and plays there most of the time. Anderson i have only seen on RW. 

I distinctly remember MB saying this team was approved for a rebuild before they came back. 

they do have an actual roster that could contend for a playoff spot now though. 

Not sure how all this offense works with the CJ system of trying not lose or winning 1-0. 

Drouin is primed to be stapled to the bench early on now. 

Dave Reid from the NHL network scored the habs offseason as #2 only behind Ottawa. 

Interesting to see the line combos and who gets moved, my guess is Kulak, Mete Drouin or Tatar 

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by this signing. I love the added grit that Toffoli brings, without forgetting that he can score 20+ goals per season!