Concerned

Mark Napier

Patience!!!

Montreal is playing very well right now. They played great games against the teams when the went on the "winning by 1 goal" streak. The out shot, out played and out skated the other teams. Against ottawa we played solid and in my opinion, we are one of the teams that can compete with ottawa thus far in the season.

Montreal has a great team with great potential that has yet to be realized! :)

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by Natural Mystic]

I wouldn't say that we have been lucky so far.

Theo as been crap (finally had a great game tonight), can't be worse !!!

Our scoring touch can't be worse either !!!

Our 1 goal wins are not luck, but the result of giving away easy goals and missing too many chances although out playing the other teams. Maybe 1 or 2 was luck but a hard playing team makes is luck and we deserved to win the 2nd vs. TO and at least a tie in the 1st vs. Ottawa. Their 3rd goal in that game by Vermette was goalie interference, so instead of staying 2-2 and us having a PP, they took the lead. In case you didn't know, the NHL called Bob Gainey the following today to apologize and admitted that the goal should have been refused. Lucky in some, not in others, its part of the game.

By the way, stats don't always properly reflect the reality. We out play and out shoot our opponents in most games. Zednik was missing. Its only been 12 games. Its a long season and some players score by bunches and some are more 2nd half players. Bet you that at seasons end, we are among the top 15 in scoring and top 5 in defense. Like I said, we have many scoring chances and our scoring touch can't be worse then it is now (I can't believe how many chances we missed this year), so relax folks and be patient, it will come and once it does, we will be a real force in this league.

Now all we need is a real solid Dman:

1) to give confidance to the other Dmen,

2) to have as a real quaterback for the PP, its all we are missing to have a good PP

3) to play 30 min so that our less skilled Dman play even less

Not that our Dmen have been bad, on the contrary, its just that a Championship team starts with a solid D and having a Redden type Dman would make us a top 3 team in the league. Plus we have the cap space to get a player of that type :)

Bob you are a genius and I await a good trade for a solid D by season end.

I'd go a step further and point out players specifically. It's hard to cast a blanket over the team and say that the defense is bad, or that the goal scoring isn't there. It's just not specific enough.

My biggest beef with the team so far is Ryder and Ribeiro. Their two way play is not up to par for the new league. Just look at their plus/minus rating. Seems to stick out like a sore thumb. Dagenais' isn't great either but I don't consider him a key component of the team. In general, when these two guys are on the ice, the other team has a proven improved chance of scoring when compared to our other lines. For this reason, I want to see Zednik out there with these guys because when he gets going, he's more of a grinder and adds intensity that Perezhogin can't bring.

In terms of pleasant surprises, easily Pleky and Higgins. These guys are just dying to play each night. It's great to see and their stats look great.