Game Thread | Montréal vs. Buffalo | 04.11.05 (Danis in the net)

bebehabs

yep~ as we expected : danis will get his 2nd nhl start tomorrow against the sabres @ Buffalo and theo will be back in front of the net for saturday's game against those same sabres again but in montreal

191331.jpg

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/191331.html

since the sens totally humiliated the sabres 10-4 at home, well... danis HAVE TO be ready to face a lots of shots from the sabres coz they should be very intense~

good luck yann~ u can make another shootout ;) hehe

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

---

fanpuck or spiderman or whoever used to post game thread, feel free to edit my post to put lineup stuff hehe~

[Edited on 2005/11/3 by bebehabs]

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51741892.1danis.jpg

Ya Go Habs, Danis should have a good game as Montreal will be using that offensive half court pressure on BIRON?

Ottawa made Buffalo's defense look week, so if Montreal really attacks this should be a victory. No more last minute game wins please... I used up all my lucky charms the last few games.

[Edited on 2005/11/4 by Howie_Morenz]

Ill be there, can't wait. First Habs game for me in almost 2 years! Hopefully the Habs can win this one, but it won't be easy because the Sabres will be fired up after that Ottawa loss last night, plus we always seem to struggle in Buffalo.

:ghg:

Buffalo is going to be PO'd after thier loss to Ottawa... they know Montreal is one of the best teams, so look for them to try and prove themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this one get rough quickly... Buffalo has a nack for hurting our guys.

Anyhow... hard predict the Habs ever losing... so...

Habs 4, Buffalo 3.

As hard as it is to say guys, I think because Montreal has been barely winning their games and buffalo has got something to prove I think the habs will lose, but don't get down cause the Habs will win the next game after that.

prediction Habs 3

Sabres 5

[Edited on 2005/11/4 by PurpleHills]

Go habs Go big game against Buffalo.

Suprised that Danis will start in Buffalo.

But none the less Julien is doing a great job with this team. And I trust his ever move. If we get a lead early again I hope we out them out of the game we need an offensive explosion.

Originally posted by PurpleHills

As hard as it is to say guys, I think because Montreal has been barely winning their games and buffalo has got something to prove I think the habs will lose, but don't get down cause the Habs will win the next game after that.

prediction Habs 3

Sabres 5

WAT!!!!!

51594336.huh.gif

Oh I am getting bad vibes from your post. :o:)

I am sticking to my standard Habs will win. I am also thinking a Sweep! Danis, Friday and Theo Saturday. Buffalo now has a goaltending problem, fast teams skate by their defence too. As long as the Habs keep the puck most of the game in buffalo's end I say VICTORY. (but close again)

Originally posted by olematelot

Can't wait for the game to start, I love the "new" NHL, lets get it on:ghg:

You said it!!!!!:/):/):/)

Fast skating, actual goal scoring, clutch and grab mostly gone. As much as people hate late penalties it can easily be fixed. PLAYERS, don't take late penalties.

Go HABS!

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

prediction Habs 3

Sabres 5

WAT!!!!!

51594336.huh.gif

I am sticking to my standard Habs will win. I am also thinking a Sweep! Danis, Friday and Theo Saturday. Buffalo now has a goaltending problem, fast teams skate by their defence too. As long as the Habs keep the puck most of the game in buffalo's end I say VICTORY. (but close again)

Buffalo a goaltending problem? Get real! Martin Biron is without a doubt a bona fida #1 NHL goalie. The emergence of Miller has kept Biron on the bench and trust me on this one, there are lots of GM's that want a goalie like Biron on there depth chart. He's one awesome goalie.

Habs should win...

Big home and home, the Habs could put some distance between them and the Bruins, Leafs, and Sabres.

I predict a Habs win.

Habs 7 (Begin 3, Kovalev 2, Bonk, Ryder)

Sabres 3 (Who knows?)

Go Habs Go

Originally posted by mathieug

prediction Habs 3

Sabres 5

WAT!!!!!

51594336.huh.gif

Buffalo a goaltending problem? Get real! Martin Biron is without a doubt a bona fida #1 NHL goalie. The emergence of Miller has kept Biron on the bench and trust me on this one, there are lots of GM's that want a goalie like Biron on there depth chart. He's one awesome goalie.

Your words not mine in bold. Being on a bench not playing does not warrant "AWESOME". Plus you obviously did not watch the last Buffalo game when he went in. He was OK, not awesome. Maybe in two weeks when he has had time to win a couple of games I will agree with you. For now I will see how he does against the Habs.

Also I did not say he was a bad goalie, I said goaltending problem. AKA no real playing time, lost his starting job, coach and GM question whether to trade him...well you get my point. That is as real as I can get!

Originally posted by mathieug

prediction Habs 3

Sabres 5

WAT!!!!!

51594336.huh.gif

Your words not mine in bold. Being on a bench not playing does not warrant "AWESOME". Plus you obviously did not watch the last Buffalo game when he went in. He was OK, not awesome. Maybe in two weeks when he has had time to win a couple of games I will agree with you. For now I will see how he does against the Habs.

Also I did not say he was a bad goalie, I said goaltending problem. AKA no real playing time, lost his starting job, coach and GM question whether to trade him...well you get my point. That is as real as I can get!

I did see the latest Buffalo games and have to agree Biron wasn't superb. The reason why Buffalo has been winning early on was Ryan Miller. Having an awesome goalie like Martin Biron on the bench is telling a lot bout the play of Miller. Biron didn't lost his qualities with his demotion to the bench. The luxury of having Ryan Miller, Biron and Noronen makes it possible to get improvement in other areas, no surprise to see one of them leaving. I understand your point of view, but wouldn't be calling buffalos situation a goaltending problem.

prediction Habs 3

Sabres 5

WAT!!!!!

51594336.huh.gif

Of course yourre getting bad vibes from my post. Nobody wants to hear the habs losing. I'm just saying, like any proud NHL team, they are looking to respond in abig way after that shelacking by the Sens. Look for them to be smoking in the first period. And on top of that they know that if they lose, we will gain too much ground on them in the Northeast Division. They will atleast want to split the series. I just hope Danis can weather the storm because he is in for a challenging night.