Game Thread | Montréal vs. Buffalo | 04.11.05 (Danis in the net)

bebehabs

Originally posted by dark_faerie87
Originally posted by shortcat1

Incredible! TSN's post-game article is entitled "Cardiac Canadiens."

and ain't it de trooff :D

That it sure is. Maybe we will crack the top 15 this week after all!

oh well, hey... don't push it, eh! just being noticed is something in itself... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shortcat, did you hear we beat the baby laffs AGAIN?

ahl?

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Actually Biron had a hurt thumb tonight. Noronen might start because it's a home-and-homer but Biron played well tonight.

miller is the one who has a thumb injury... no??? :S biron is top shape~

tsn : Sabres No. 1 G Ryan Miller underwent surgery on his broken right thumb Friday and is expected to miss six-to-eight weeks.

Shortcat, did you hear we beat the baby laffs AGAIN?

ahl?

Yupp, 4-1. Locke had a goal and two assists.

good for him... it would be another nice problem for gainey & co. if they had TOO MANY good kids trying to make their way onto the parent team. :)

well, i guess that's it, that's all

good night, bonsoir, gutten tag, etc...

dark_faerie87, David B, Guy!, JeanLucPilon, kerplunk, les_glorieux, olematelot... :zzz::zzz::zzz:

This game was a bit scary in a sense it made me doubt about our team's offensive rescources. It seems for the first two periods they just couldn't gather the minimum speed required to at least come close to get something happening......Buffalo must have done something wright as any of the Ch attemps where nullified from the start. It seems half our lines where unable to compete for a couple of periods and the third line was non-existant. Of course the third period was different and clearly showed that the slow reaction of the first two periods is not related with our team physiqual condition......which past games as demonstrated amply with their many good third period performances......which again came in to save a game....a game where they couldn't do anything for two periods.

This game was IMPORTANT both for Biron and the Sabre and thats probably the reason why they where so together as a team and they where always the first to get to the puck during the game........I mean, during two period.

Just got back from the game. Had a great time, thankfully the Habs woke up for the third and played a very nice period to allow us to squeak out a win.

There were tons of Habs fans at the game. I'm sure you guys could see/here them, but i was even surprised at the amount of Habs jerseys in the crowd. This made for a good atmosphere, as everytime we would get a chant going, the Sabres fans would try and drown us out with boos or their own chant.

Oh my god! I can't believe the idiot commentators for Bell Express Vu. I was watching the highlights from the Habs site and after the Perezhogin goal, they congratulated "Daniel Markov." Who the hell is Daniel Markov? There's a Danny Markov, but he doesn't play for Montreal. Why can't they get our players' names right? Grrr, I'm so mad right now!

I was just looking at the standings.

We're 1st in the east (21 pts), two points ahead of Ottawa but Ottawa has two games in hand. Mind you, they have to win one of the two to tie for first.

Another interesting thing is that we have 10 wins with a +6 goal differential. That's nuts. We have to keep in mind that we won 8 of those games by 1 goal.

Strangely enough, Vancouver who has 22 points has only a +8 goal differential.

Then again, we get Detroit with 25 points and a +30 goal differential. But that's a totally different universe, I think.

By the way, if the season were to end today, Toronto would be 9th. They have 14 points as do Buffalo and Florida. Buffalo would finish 8th, Toronto 9th and

Florida 10th. This is due to a win/loss record.

Something else I just noticed...

There were only 12 penalties last night, at least four of which were 4 on 4's. So, on the whole, that wasn't bad. It's about the same as it was in the 'old NHL'.

Maybe, just maybe, the boys are beginning to get a grip of the 'new' rules. :D:D:D

Annnnnnnnnnnd another funny...

I just finished watching the highlights on the Canadiens website. The Buffalo announcer is quite humourous.

You can tell that he has a hard time with the names of the less well known players from other teams (ours, at least).

On top of the error with Andrei Markov's name (calling him Danny Markov), when he was announcing the scorers of the other Montreal goals, he was obviously searching his memory or a names list in front of him.

Give it a listen... the replays are at www.canadiens.com , in the article of the game. The icons are at the top of the next page. You'll notice the delay as he fits in words and pauses so as to finally get the name of the Canadiens player. :):):)

Oh my god! I can't believe the idiot commentators for Bell Express Vu. I was watching the highlights from the Habs site and after the Perezhogin goal, they congratulated "Daniel Markov." Who the hell is Daniel Markov? There's a Danny Markov, but he doesn't play for Montreal. Why can't they get our players' names right? Grrr, I'm so mad right now!

I guess they will get Andrei's name correct after the All-Star votes are counted.

I always hated the Buffalo commentator, shortcat. His voice can drive anyone mad and he commentates like a Mexcian soccer commentator. GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! GOALGOALGOALGOALGOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

ANd then we have the Pittsburgh commentator. He gets really excited and says strange phrases. After Crosby's first goal he said: "Goal! SLAP ME SILLY, SYDNEY!!"

And after a nice goal by Malone, I think, he said this: "And now you can GET YOUR DOG OFF MY LAWN!"

Annnnnnnnnnnd another funny...

I just finished watching the highlights on the Canadiens website. The Buffalo announcer is quite humourous.

You can tell that he has a hard time with the names of the less well known players from other teams (ours, at least).

On top of the error with Andrei Markov's name (calling him Danny Markov), when he was announcing the scorers of the other Montreal goals, he was obviously searching his memory or a names list in front of him.

Give it a listen... the replays are at www.canadiens.com , in the article of the game. The icons are at the top of the next page. You'll notice the delay as he fits in words and pauses so as to finally get the name of the Canadiens player.  :):):)

Did you see todays highlights? Mike Ribeiro, the #73 right handed canadiens forward is crossing the blue line.. Same comentator, the same guy. Gotta love him. Sure knows what he's talking about.