Game Thread | Montréal vs. Buffalo | 04.11.05 (Danis in the net)

bebehabs

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by JMMR

Someone predicted HABS 7 sabres 3 and although I think that is possible Begin a hat trick.  

If that happens I will....

I don’t know what I would do but that would be unbelievable.

I'm really hoping Begin gets a hat trick, so we can read about you in the papers! However...

The Habs just don't win 7-3 - not even in Atlanta. They refuse. Buffalo will be fired up, and the Habs will do well to get the 2 points tonight.

If they won 7-3, what would give Howie that heart attack?

Thanks for the game thread Bebe, I will sleep now and be here for the game -- I predict Habs 5 Sabres 2 with Koivu/Kovalev hot and leading the offence.

Should be a good weekend, as two "Cinderella" teams go head-to-head!

Go Habs Go!

GO HABS GO!!!

Game 1: 4-2 Sabres

Game 2: 4-1 Habs

But watch out. Every loss I've predicted so far has been a win. Except I had a bad feeling for the first Rangers math but whatever. Hopefully Danis will extend his shutout starting streak.

Originally posted by JMMR

Someone predicted HABS 7 sabres 3 and although I think that is possible Begin a hat trick.  

If that happens I will....

I don’t know what I would do but that would be unbelievable.

If I remember correctly we stole Begin from the Sabres during the last waiver draft EVER. So he'll want to play well against his old team that thought they didn't need him. But Begin always plays 100%. I love watching/listening to that guy play.

:ghg:

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Begin get a Hat Trick I just dont think it will happen. But you do never know and there is always the off chance that if Bonk is back tonight maby Begin will get some 2nd line ice with Ryder and Ribero. So dont get me wrong I have always believed Begin as a hard worker and it would be a beautiful thing to see him light up his old boys.

Bégin will neevr get a hat trick. People are mistaking him as a scorer because he's scoring. He'll fall behind later in the year even if it does turn out to be a record season for him.

some funny statistics:

We outweigh Buffalo by 2 lbs (this probably counts Ivanans)

We are a year older than Buffalo (amazing considering that Numminen is on the team)

Buffalo is more canadian and more north american than us

we both outscore and out-defense buffalo

we are approximately as good on the PP as Buffalo

we out-PK Buffalo

Cool Stats Simonus,

Here's another cool fact. As of right now only two teams have winning franchise records against the Habs... Florida and BUFFALO

However,

with a sweep of this home and home series we would move into a franchise tie with Buffalo leaving only Florida for this new, exciting group of Habs to reel in!!

... Unfortunate to now read that Bonk has a pulled groin as opposed to the flu as was earlier reported.

I think we are going to see an intense Habs team countered with a desperate Sabers team. I see us flying out of the gate as we've done in each road contest so far this season and Buffalo answering with the rough stuff...

Markov's going to get his first snipe tonight...

I don't think Mike Grier is playing either...

Go Habs Go!!

Koivu is fine when he was hit with that puck he was right back out there with his lone for their next shift.

If koivu was hurt or in danger of making this injury worse he would rest it now rather then it come back to haunt him late in the season and during the playoff stretch. It might be bruised at most he will be his usual self tonight.

Originally posted by simonus

disturbing info (don't think anybody has posted this yet):

from tsn.ca

"Montreal Canadiens captain Saku Koivu will play tonight despite being hit in the left foot on Tuesday."

i read in *La Presse* this morning that saku didnt take part of one of the practice coz the coach wanted him to rest and take care of his *few* lil injuries~ but he confirmed that saku will be on the ice :D

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Bégin will neevr get a hat trick. People are mistaking him as a scorer because he's scoring. He'll fall behind later in the year even if it does turn out to be a record season for him.

Agreed there, BTH. He, his team and the fans are enjoying a ride, a ride that normally wouldn't take place. I'm sure he knows it too. So, let us all enjoy the scenery so that we can say, like Gerry Garcia, "What a long and strange trip it's been'. :D:D:D:/):/):/):D:D:D

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Agreed there, BTH. He, his team and the fans are enjoying a ride, a ride that normally wouldn't take place. I'm sure he knows it too. So, let us all enjoy the scenery so that we can say, like Gerry Garcia, "What a long and strange trip it's been'. :D:D:D:/):/):/):D:D:D

For sure, but never say never. It COULD happen, but I doubt it. By playing 100% every night, he gets more than a hat trick every night in my book:/)