What we need.......disapointing

Redlight60

Alright, im getting sick and tired of the way this team is playing, its been going on for awhile. Yes we are winning so most wont complain, but our lack of effort, or lack of effort for a full game is the problem. Anyone else watch the pittsburgh game? I did, and you know what, i was hoping the the habs would get blown out of the water. I was hoping for a 8-1 score, something like that. They didnt put an effort in(except for a select few)! Maybe it would wake the team up a bit, light a fire under there ass. I think this is whats going to take to bring us to the kind of play we need to be at. Next up is toronto, and id hate to loose to them but the way were playing, its a very good possibilty. We played hard in the third period to tie the game up with the pens, and probably could have beat them based on our third period alone and amazing play of Theo, but what about the first 2 periods? I a few glimpses, but overall we looked.......rather terrible. I actually thought we started to play well once souray got hurt. I think we have to start the game off getting, higgins, begin and ryder out there against the leafs, get some energy going. Play the kids a whole lot int he first period to send a message to the vets. enough said!

one :mad: habs fan

You can't expect any team to plan hard and dominate every peiord of all 82 games in a season! I think its so amazing that they always seems to come back. It's great, they get another point on the road, still undefeated on the road. The best start of a Canadiens team in ages. If Leafs fans are pathetic for being blindly optimistic. habs fans are pathetic for being persitently pesimistic. I love these Cardiac Kids!

I have to agree with Redlight60. There seems to be a lack of effort from many of our forwards for long stretches (usually most of the second period). This is also exacerbated by our terrible line changes which are much worse when we have to make the longer skate to the bench.

I don't expect to dominate every period and I do expect that we will sometimes be dominated but it seems to happen to us regularly for long stretches due to lack of effort and/or focus. Other symptoms of these slumps are many bad penalties and an inability to clear the puck when we get it in our own zone.

We have been bearing down in the third and coming back with excellent efforts but we need to see more steady effort throughout the game.

Originally posted by Redlight60

I think we have to start the game off getting, higgins, begin  and ryder out there against the leafs, get some energy going. Play the kids a whole lot int he first period to send a message to the vets. enough said!

one :mad: habs fan

Did you guys notice who was on the ice for the habs first power play?3rd line! Thats right ,bonk, sunny and begin.You think that was a message for the vets? I think so......

i agree, the habs are putting very little effort into these games.

and i dont know if im alone... but, whats up with everyone thinking this is exciting hockey in the past few games, im sorry, but i dont consider 5min of good plays and playing catch up and limited goals so exciting. when i wanna see good hockey, i wanna see good goals, i dont want more then half the games looking like were asleep, i want a full game of good hockey.

i dont know if my point is coming across clearly, but, this has been just boring hockey the past few games, and when it is exciting, its maybe... a period or a period and a half. its no longer a full game like earlier on in the season. im not saying the whole season has been like this, but the last 5 games, there definitely has been a slump!