2020-21 Laval General Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Here is the thing

You see what he's like in camp and then make the decision.

Keep in mind, you can always start him in Laval, and then send him to Hamilton if you need to. 

You can't do the opposite.  Once he's in Hamilton, he won't be able to go back to Laval until the Bulldogs are out of the playoffs. 

32 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I think that after last year the best place for Habs prospects is where they'll play the most hockey. If Mysak will play more minutes in junior then he should play in junior. 

I don't think it has to be the most minutes, but there has to be a minimum of minutes.  If he's not in Laval's top 9, he should be in Hamilton.

43 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't think it has to be the most minutes, but there has to be a minimum of minutes.  If he's not in Laval's top 9, he should be in Hamilton.

Trois Rivières? top center? Maybe?

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Trois Rivières? top center? Maybe?

I doubt the ECHL would be preferred by the habs over the OHL.

Again, i thought (foggy memory) from Bouchard and Mysak comments on both agreeing he had alot of improvement needed, like physicality or getting used to pro speed or what not. So he likely is a long ways from NHL yet and junior would seem like most appropriate place for him. 

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Does anyone have a clear picture yet of the Rocket roster for this season?

I just have an imperfect picture. I am not sure who is signed to AHL conttacts.

1. percentages in front of payer's name is likelihood of making the NHL based on draft position

2. W means waiver aligible, E means waiver exempt. some have a 'year for until when they are

3. number just before name is age

image.png

12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Thanks! What's your colour-coding scheme? Are the grey ones AHL free-agent signings?

yellow is for prospects, grey is for depth and black for AHL fillers

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Thanks, Brian. Now, it looks like TR has only nine players on their roster, so would you expect some of the Rocket roster players to end up playing for the Lions?

I suspect quite a few of the players on that list will end up there.  At first glance:

D - Dello, Neill, Amorosa, Beaudoin

F - St-Amant, Fortin, Ducharme, Desruisseaux

Guys like Hillis, Khisamutdinov, etc who are playing limited roles in Laval should get stints in Trois-Rivieres as well. 

The Lions will need a few more players but there are some players that are going to be at rookie camp who are probably being brought in with an eye on them going to the ECHL - Isiah Campbell, Thomas Caron, Mika Cyr, Charles-Antoine Roy, and maybe Arber Xhekaj though he's still junior-eligible as an overager.

That would leave only two D in Laval. The Habs have seven under contract at the moment, so it seems that we should expect some additional veteran D signings in Laval.

There are a lot of NHL veteran UFAs still available, too, that are not going to crack anyone's NHL lineup, but I expect few of them would want to play in the AHL for well south of $1M, unless their careers have been relatively short and not well-paid.

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

That would leave only two D in Laval. The Habs have seven under contract at the moment, so it seems that we should expect some additional veteran D signings in Laval.

There are a lot of NHL veteran UFAs still available, too, that are not going to crack anyone's NHL lineup, but I expect few of them would want to play in the AHL for well south of $1M, unless their careers have been relatively short and not well-paid.

That link isn't their full roster though - it's mostly the minor league only guys.  It doesn't have Ouellet, Brook, Fairbrother, or Schueneman on there which would be their other options.  Those four plus Belpedio and Bisson are probably their top six to start the year.  The other four will probably split time between the two teams.

• Upvote 1

• dlbalr unpinned this topic