ESPN Eastern Conference Final Projection!!

Helmethead

As avid Habs fans, I'm sure that all of you, just like myself, love scavenging through the net to find interesting tidbits about our favorite team. I came across this interesting bit while reading John Buccigross's "Mother of all Mailbags" this morning.

"Bucci,

Can I get your opinion on the Red Wings? I think they are the most overrated team in hockey right now. They are simply the beneficiaries of a lopsided, easy early schedule. You heard it here first. They will make the playoffs because they are in such a weak division, but they will likely be out in the first round. Ottawa is clearly the best team in the NHL right now.

Jeff Hall

Boston

I saw the Red Wings play in person in Columbus and I came away very impressed. They looked like the Minnesota Wild from the spring of 2003. Skating, surrounding the puck carrier and difficult to tell one line from the next. Also, their two best players, Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk, played hard every shift. This backbone of character will carry them a long way. I agree they are not as lethal as Ottawa, but they are in the ballpark. Ottawa is the best, but I still have goaltender concerns. The Senators may be so good that my girlfriend Kelly Monaco could play net, but is Hasek still Hasek come May? What if his groin explodes? Will Ray Emory play well in a Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals against Montreal?"

This shows that Montreal is starting to turns some serious heads amongst knowledgeble hockey people.

Can't you just feel it!! Maple Leafs fans rejoice! The cup is cometh back to Canada....

Helmethead...

That is awseome, we can only dream that the habs will be in the eastern conference finals that would be one hell of a series agains ottawa and if it went to game seven would that ever be a sweet one to win.

Originally posted by kaos

Who exactly is John Buccigross's? His insightfull analysis doesn't exactly fill me with optimism

he used to be the host for ESPN's hockey wrap-up show.

What he lacks in knowledge he makes up for enthusiasm.

He has a lot of enthusiasm.

Originally posted by Mont Royale

We were mentioned as a footnote in a discussion about the Red Wings and Sens. Yippee! :eyes:

And "Maple Leafs fans rejoice"??? I'm confused.

[Edited on 2005/11/15 by Mont Royale]

because toronto is canada's team and the best shot that canada has to get the cup back is with montréal...

The "Maple Leafs fans rejoice" was a sarcastic comment. I just wanted everyone to know that Montreal will infact be the team which brings the cup back to Canada...(to the dismay of leaf fans everywhere..)

I know that this might just be a response to an unimportant email sent by a fan towards some reporter, but the thing that intruiges me is that amongst all the teams he could have mentioned during that split second he had to determine which would be the team that would face Ottawa in the Conference Finals, he chose Montreal.

Does that sound right to the rest of you? I'd love to hear your input.

I don't really care what experts or bookies say. It's a form of external justification that doesn't add anything to my fanatical devotion to the habs. I don't know who montréal will play in the conference finals, or the finals finals.

Does ESPN carry any hockey games . . . sorry, ice hockey?