Fedorov to the Jackets

xXx..CK..xXx

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=14318...183&hubname=nhl

Opinions? lol...I think Fedorov can be one of the greatest players out there...I like the move even though he's expensive.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

What a move by the Jackets. Wright is nothing more than a good 3rd liner, and Beauchemin was a healthy scratch quite frequently.

Can't argue with that.... Just imagine when Nash gets back! Look out!

Wasn't GM Burke telling Fedorov that he wasn't going to be traded? Heh, so much for that eh?

This is a salary dump... that's pretty well all. I wonder what Anaheim's salary load was before this.

But why does Anaheim also add in a 5th rounder? It mkaes no sense.

Now the Jackets have:

Nash-Fedorov-Zherdev

Foote-Berard

Denis

Not bad.

Burke never said that he was not going to trade Fedorov he showed him the article in the paper that the ducks were shopping him. Burke said at the time he was not but that no one was untouchable.

FEDOROV unhappy in ANAHEIM.

BURKE unhappy with FEDOROV.

BURKE couldn't get anything for him because he had no leverage. Blame Fedorov's high salary and league wide knowledge that Fedorov wanted out.

I have nothing to support these statements. Take them for what they are worth. Now on to a habs related thread. Bye Bye.

:hlogo:

Originally posted by PMAC

What a crappy deal for Anaheim. Why didn't we trade Dags for Fedorov and a pick? Damn:lol:

I for one wouldn't want Fedorov on my team. Maybe a few years ago, but not now. I'm actually surprised that the laffs didn't trade Steen or Wellwood for him. Well, they would have were it not for cap restraints....:wall:

Originally posted by PMAC

What a crappy deal for Anaheim. Why didn't we trade Dags for Fedorov and a pick? Damn:lol:

We don't need him and his high salary. He'd simply bring us way nearer to the cap. That'd leave Gainey with little room to play with for the next few years. :nono:

It was joke... that's why i put the LOL smiley after the comment. Fedorov is not worth the cap room that his salary eats, but Columbus was desperate enough to take a chance and they had more cap room than we have. If we got Fedorov where would he play when Kovy comes back? The continued development of our young players would be disrupted. I dont think Bob would have made this deal even if we had cap room.

The upside to this deal is that TO is stuck with Allision much to the Chagrin of the mutually unhappy Quinn and Allison. Poor Leafs, I feel sorry for them...NOT!

Like it's been said here before, this is pure salary dump. When I looked up Fedorov's salary, I was actually quite shocked that anybody wanted to take him on. He is set to make a little over 6M$ a year all the way to 2008!!! He is 35 years old and injury prone. I think he is at the very best a 60-70 point center now, and this will only decline in the upcomming years. That money, in this cap world, can be much better spent elsewhere. The Jackets impatience with trying to find a quick fix to winning now, is going to cost them in the long run. Burke must be happy he got rid of that horrendus salary. Fedorov was a great player/ is a good player, but value counts for alot in the new economic system and Fedorov, at his salary, was horrible value. Ducks are lucky the Jackets wanted him.

Fedorov was a very good player the last time hockey was played. While I've always felt he was overrated, he is still an above average true #1 centre in the league. Columbus has lots of talent on the wings, ie Nash, Zherdev, Vyborny. They needed a centre or Fedorov's stature to maybe help get them in the playoffs. His salary is only a little over 6 per year. Expensive but he's not Yashin. (7.6).

don't forget that

a) whatever time Fedorov spends on IR doesnt count against the cap

B) Columbus is well under the cap even with Fedorov.

c) The Fedorov-Nash combo makes them more TV attractive, merchandising attractive

Paying 6 million for a 38 yr old Fedorov is a little wild...

he probably wanted to adquire younger Fedorov from his apprentice here in Vancouver and reason why he kept him this far but after the little brat was traded to NY he saw a better oportunity in getting rid of Fedor