goalie racer??

CoRvInA

Geeesss..... I thought of all places.... Minn wouldnt have to resort to gimmicks like that ... well I guess it keeps somebody employed!

[Edited on 2005/11/18 by CoRvInA]

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Why is this fool called "Dutch Schnell", plz tell me this has nothing to do with our lovely little country;). We harm nobody, pls don't take advantage of us :D

:PYa Netherlands! Let's see a Dutch World Cup Championhsip team!

Netherlands in soccer? They're ranked 2nd in the world bewhind Brazil of course. They're a great team and fun to watch.

No they never really got into hockey as much.

I can't think of a Dutch goalie off the top of my head. At the moment they're not good off to make Group A. But maybe they'll eventually pass Belarus, Germany and China.

no i meant in hockey. In hockey our goalies are quite good! Our national team won't get up on the highest level. But i think it's quite good we stay easily on the second level. For a not-hockey nation!

Yep, Phil Groeneveld's a great goalie. He can win games single handedly. But their newest acquisition, amsterdams' Tomas Kalousek, who played for the netherlands during the latest four nations tournament in Latvia, yikes, he isn't any good! As for the other dutch goalies, I don't like what I saw from Van der Holst and Casper Swart. I haven't seen Peter Seton play yet. Den Hartog, Tillburgs goalie who played for the national team as wel isn't good either. The best goalie I've seen over the last couple of years in the netherlands has to be Phil Groeneveld, with Bjorn steijlen as a close second.

[Edited on 20-11-05 by mathieug]

Originally posted by mathieug

no i meant in hockey. In hockey our goalies are quite good! Our national team won't get up on the highest level. But i think it's quite good we stay easily on the second level. For a not-hockey nation!

Yep, Phil Groeneveld's a great goalie. He can win games single handedly.

That's right, one of the best in the last years....I don't watch dutch hockey as much as the NHL. Just cuz it is never on TV (only the cupfinal) and it's not as much fun to watch. But it's getting better i believe

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by mathieug

Here you have some video footage of the Great Goalie Race:

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/wild/wmedi...goalie_race.wvx

:lol:

Heheheh... it was kind of boring though apart from the openning 30 seconds. No one caught up to anybody, they just skated around the rink.

• 1 month later...
Yep, Phil Groeneveld's a great goalie. He can win games single handedly.

That's right, one of the best in the last years....I don't watch dutch hockey as much as the NHL. Just cuz it is never on TV (only the cupfinal) and it's not as much fun to watch. But it's getting better i believe

Hey Dutchie, did you see the France-Netherlands game? The Dutch goalie, Groeneveld, scored a goal! On the PK Groeneveld cleared the puck. A french D picked up the puck and passed it through the crease. The puck went off a skate, and deflected through the legs of team France goalie Fabrice Lhenry. The game ended in a 4-4 tie. The Dutch ended this four nation tournament in 4th place (1.Norway, 2. France, 3. Lithuania, 4. Netherlands).

Germany got a real good league. Our league is nothing compared to that.

We mostly play with Dutch-Canadiens in our national team. Maybe 50% or so. You gotta love the guys going back to their Families here :D. Some dutch heritage!!

I should totally do that.

Hmmm....