Jan. 16, Habs vs Oilers, 7 PM

dlbalr

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I know this game two!

I don’t like the KK line. Things just don’t seem to click well and they get hemmed in a lot. 

Overall decent period 

It's still too early to really say but I was sorta thinking the same thing even in the Leafs game.  It might be better to swap Toffoli with Anderson because he would likely do better with Suzuki and Drouin, and Anderson would probably be just as good with KK and Armia.  i.e. split up the 1 crazy strong line spread it out and make 2 strong lines.

Our first line is a really good LINE. However, just came to mind that Gally was somewhat  of a disappointment in last years bubble.

Do he seems less energetic thus far?

And what about Weber? Will Petry surpass him in point this season?

2 minutes ago, ch_nl said:

That line needs a goal!

Once they find chemistry it will come.

they seem to be too far from each other. Long passes and no support for each other 

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I also like how the new Defensemen are keeping players away from Price

clearing The crease

Romanov is a revelation. I now understand all the pre-season praise from Bergevin et al.

Edmundson is a work in progress. I think it'll take some more time before he adapts to the Habs' system.

"Jake, great play out there. You've really cemented your spot as the 4th line center here."

"Thanks Marc."

"Ya, so anyway, gotta send you down for a day and have you take a paycut. See you Monday!"

• Like 1

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Once they find chemistry it will come.

they seem to be too far from each other. Long passes and no support for each other 

Agree. I think the compositions are right with one sniper per line. (Tatar, Suzuki and Toffoli)

Armia has got hockey-IQ to support his fellow countryman and protoge.

Nice goal Jake Evans.

3 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Tonight’s game is anecdotal of how we don’t need a PLD.

It ain’t broke.

Oilers are playing 3rd game in 4 nights ... and don't have a decent enough backup to even consider not playing Koskinen every game at the moment ... it will be interesting to see if they leave him in for the 3rd period.

Or in other words ... Habs aren't as good as they look and the Oilers aren't as bad.

5 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

So this Romanov kid might make a decent 3rd pair defence at some point in his career.

If he continues to play this well during the road trip, I will be able to turn the page on MB’s mess of a couple of

years ago and give him credit for very good drafting, trading and cap management

Romanov seems to be a home run