Jan. 16, Habs vs Oilers, 7 PM

dlbalr

31 minutes ago, ch_nl said:

Our first line is a really good LINE. However, just came to mind that Gally was somewhat  of a disappointment in last years bubble.

Do he seems less energetic thus far?

Gallagher was playing through a hip issue in the bubble which didn't help.  His line has been used in more of a defensive role so far which is why he isn't quite as noticeable in the offensive end.

21 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Romanov is a revelation. I now understand all the pre-season praise from Bergevin et al.

Edmundson is a work in progress. I think it'll take some more time before he adapts to the Habs' system.

Ya, unfortunately it looks like Edmunsdon needs to adapt back to playing zone coverage.  The Cannes play an odd man on man d, which he wasn't overly good at and it seems to have messed him up. 

I really like how he steps up when the other team clear their own zone.  That's been a big pet peeve of mine for years.  i.e. the Habs seem to always gift the entire neutral zone and their blue line to the other team.  That's way to much ice to simply give up like that. 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Nice period but it would have been nice to get one more.  Koskinen doesn't look sharp at all and it would've been nice to capitalize a bit more.

I can’t believe Holland did nothing to improve the goaltending or defence.  With this time

type of management, McDavid will probably be asking for a trade!

1 hour ago, ch_nl said:

After one perod, it’s soooo obvious that Edmonton is a two player team.

Sure RNH has some upside, and I think Larsson is really good. But the rest?

McJesus will have a few breakaways every now and then, can’t really blame Edmunson for looking slow when he accelerate like that!

You can get away with below average goaltending if you have a good D and offence, or a really good goalie can hide the flaws of your D and lack of scoring - the way Price did for years.  But you can’t win if you have both a crap D and crap goaltending. McDacid a d Draisatl will win the oilers some games, but this is a horribly constructed roster.  The goaltending and D look even worse than I thought they would - and I 5ought they would be crap!

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Gallagher was playing through a hip issue in the bubble which didn't help.  His line has been used in more of a defensive role so far which is why he isn't quite as noticeable in the offensive end.

Yeah. Your right, but still, I kinda expected that he would be hugging with some one in a corner or in front of a goal by now!

47 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Petry scores again for 3-0 lead.  He's making the Oilers pay for trading him to the Habs. 

In fairness they had no choice.  They didn’t sign hi, when they should have and by after that he had no interest in resigning.

41 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Good evening everyone, habs are looking great tonight. Going to be a fun team to watch. 

Everyone looked good, but I don’t like he make up of the KK line.

36 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

"Jake, great play out there. You've really cemented your spot as the 4th line center here."

"Thanks Marc."

"Ya, so anyway, gotta send you down for a day and have you take a paycut. See you Monday!"

They should send someone else down if he’s going to get a lower AHL salary.  It’s fine if his pay isn’t going to be affected in the AHL, but this kid looks great - doesn’t deserve to get a hit on his pay. I get the cap reasons, but still.

If Petry finishes with a couple of points and not exhausted from being over-used :

that would make me think Edmundson is doing his job

for me }44 is there to support Petry and allow him to be better

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

They should send someone else down if he’s going to get a lower AHL salary.  It’s fine if his pay isn’t going to be affected in the AHL, but this kid looks great - doesn’t deserve to get a hit on his pay. I get the cap reasons, but still.

I believe the choices for "cap moves" are Evans, Suzuki, KK and Romanov ... sadly, if anyone is going to have their pay played with it is likely to be Evans ... why screw with your top young players.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The non-waiver options are Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Romanov, and Evans. Which one do you want to upset for future contract negotiations?

In Edmonton let's not be greedy and just take the win.

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Darn it, no shut out

In Edmonton let's not be greedy and just take the win.

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

The non-waiver options are Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Romanov, and Evans. Which one do you want to upset for future contract negotiations?

Yeah, they all have two-way contracts so for any one of them it would cost a chunk of money.

Bergevin can only apologize for the need to do it, and tell him that it's appreciated by him and the organization. If he continues to play well, the payback will be the next contract.