Jan. 20, Habs vs Canucks, 10 PM

dlbalr

3 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

The Oil just beat the Leafs

Just saw the game. (This Covid-19 Pandemic is letting me be on North American time and watch all the game I can!)

Looking at the roster of the leafs, Im intrigued by how bad they are. Last time I saw them they lost to Ottawa and now the Oilers. And as said before; the Oilers is a two-man team.

Looking at the Leafs, From what I've seen so Kerfoot is perhaps their best player. Flashes of brilliance from Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander, but not the extent that they are dominating. And I do like Simmonds and that Mikheyev guy. (Sounding like a leafs lover?)

While feeling happy about how bad they are, I came to realize how certain I was a few years ago that the Oilers and Maple Leafs would face each other in a Stanley Cup final in a few years. That seems so fat-fetched now, with Avs, Vegas and even both New York teams looking like contenders. (Les not forget the blue, blanc et rouge dark horse!)

Now let's see if Elias Petterson can stay frustrated so we can grab another one. Expecting a goal from Kotkaniemi and Toffoli tonight!

6 minutes ago, ch_nl said:

Looking at the roster of the leafs, Im intrigued by how bad they are. Last time I saw them they lost to Ottawa and now the Oilers. And as said before; the Oilers is a two-man team.

All I hear is that you should watch them all the time. 

6 minutes ago, ch_nl said:

Expecting a goal from Kotkaniemi and Toffoli tonight!

I'm expecting that line to do something too.  Hopefully, they don't disappoint. 

That was a terrible period.  Julien needs to lay down the law and tell them that the next man to take a bad penalty will be benched.  The lack of discipline from this bunch is going to burn them if CJ doesn't get it in check.

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

That was a terrible period.  Julien needs to lay down the law and tell them that the next man to take a bad penalty will be benched.  The lack of discipline from this bunch is going to burn them if CJ doesn't get it in check.

Agree. Especially the trend of taking lazy penalties must be stopped.

4 minutes ago, DON said:

Great to see 3 of centremen 11-3 on faceoffs.

But, #14 was just 1-5.

Suzuki seems to be struggling on the faceoffs so far this year. Kotkaniemi had a slow start but has been much stronger after the first few games. Danault is super reliable.

Toffey 73 😁🚨

Tyler likes playing in Vancouver