Jan 23, Habs vs Canucks, 7 PM

tomh009

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Apparently he wasn't carrying the puck when it went over line so technically he was not in possession of the puck and his feet hadn't crossed yet.  Something like that. 

Think the issue was whether or not Danault, who was already in the zone, managed to get some part of himself onside

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Apparently he wasn't carrying the puck when it went over line so technically he was not in possession of the puck and his feet hadn't crossed yet.  Something like that. 

It’s exactly that.  Arm up when the puck enters, but Danault exits before Tatar enters the zone and touches the puck. Arm down. 

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Think the issue was whether or not Danault, who was already in the zone, managed to get some part of himself onside

The point is the puck was in their zone but Danault wasnt in possession of the puck and he still hadnt crossed the blue line yet.  Danault had to touch the puck 1st to put Gally offside, and Gally exited by that time hence not offside. 

THAT took cajones ... glad it worked Joel

Evans to the dressing room ... hope its equipment not injury

350th win for Carey ... Thursday was 150th for Allen

• Like 1

We bring constant pressure and it’s glorious. 

I love me some Perry and he fits well with KK

Chairot and Weber are not mobile enough. I’m in favour of swapping Kulak and Chairot. 

Evans is a very, very smart player. 

Romanov is not ready for more yet. I love him but he’s not ready. 

Keep rolling 4 lines

Well we're flying boys!  Vancouver looks like they have a lot of work to do to make the playoffs so maybe we shouldn't read too much into our domination against them, but damn we look good right now!  

Imagine if there were fans in stands to welcome the team home after that roadtrip to start the year.

• Like 1

It's been 10 months since habs played at home ... 1,000 fans could likely blow the roof off

10/12 points to start the season on a 6 game road trip.  We scored 9 goals in the 2 losses that should have been regulation wins, only losing because of self-inflicted penalty wounds.  I never would have dared predict this strong a start to the season. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We bring constant pressure and it’s glorious. 

I love me some Perry and he fits well with KK

Chairot and Weber are not mobile enough. I’m in favour of swapping Kulak and Chairot. 

Evans is a very, very smart player. 

Keep rolling 4 lines

I agree with the assessment of Weber and Chairot. Still, Webers locker room influence might make up for it?

To me, Petry has passed Weber a long time ago as the best defenseman on this team.

But what do you mean about Romanov is not ready? From what I see, he's solid and do all the things right...

7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

He logged a lot of minutes playing at a higher pace than he has ever played at, compounded by a condensed schedule.  I suspect he's dealing with some fatigue, and will look better after some rest.

11 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

... Chairot and Weber are not mobile enough. I’m in favour of swapping Kulak and Chairot ...

Romanov is not ready for more yet. I love him but he’s not ready ...

Chariot and Weber, along with Lehkonen, are the only "minuses" on the team ... don't know that I would change the pairings yet but would give Petry/Edmundson a bit more time at even-strength ...

Agree Romanov is not ready for top 4 minutes ... but the key word is YET ... it will be interesting to see how he is being used come March/April 

We exerted total command over a team in disarray. The Canucks were better tonight, though, and I think they will start winning more regularly fairly soon. Which is not to say they’ll get good.

The one caveat I have about this wonderful road trip is that we haven’t faced really high-quality opposition. There was TO, yes, but neither EDM nor VAN are structurally very strong teams despite their elite stars. Of course, the same could be said of OTT and even WIN...

I wonder if the Dollar Bill division will really split into two: Leafs, Habs, Flames...then the rest. It’s possible.

I loved Edmunson tonight - he’s not my kind of player, but that fight with Myers was old-school and it was good to see him get the goal. Perry was a huge surprise; I was expecting a chippy plumber but he showed some good offensive chops.

• Upvote 1