Jan 23, Habs vs Canucks, 7 PM

tomh009

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Edmunndson had already beaten up on him once before, about two years ago.

That fight isn't on youtube is it? When the Habs got Edmundson I watched over 1/2 dozen of his fights just to see if he could fight.  Unfortunately, I basically determined that he cannot.  None of his fights I saw were impressive thats for sure.  This fight with Myers wasnt a great fight, but he did decent and won it.   

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

The Nature of Goals!!  Way to go Suzuki 1-0, his point streak continues to 6. 

A very nice pass by Kulak -- and nice to see that Myers could do nothing about Suzuki.

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

That fight isn't on youtube is it? When the Habs got Edmundson I watched over 1/2 dozen of his fights just to see if he could fight.  Unfortunately, I basically determined that he cannot.  None of his fights I saw were impressive thats for sure.  This fight with Myers wasnt a great fight, but he did decent and won it.  

Not sure why Perry is 3rd line LW. Just bring Lehkonen up there, and move Toffoli to the right side. Play Byron on the left with Evans and Perry with sheltered minutes since Byron is injured and Perry is rusty.

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Not sure why Perry is 3rd line LW. Just bring Lehkonen up there, and move Toffoli to the right side. Play Byron on the left with Evans and Perry with sheltered minutes since Byron is injured and Perry is rusty.

That would make sense to me, too. But apparently Julien thinks otherwise.

tomh009 I have seen that fight and I wasn't overly impressed by it.

Chara is 6'9" 250lbs so Myers is only 1" shorter but weighs 20+ lbs less.  Thats a huge difference in strength.   Anderson is 6'3" 222lbs so Myers has 5" on him but only weighs 6lbs more.  Anderson popped Chara real good in their fight and stunned him.  It definitely looked like Chara instantly pulled Anderson to the ground because he didnt want to risk being punched like that again. 

9 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That was a pretty soft call, really.

Perry will get the reputation penalties  that he dodged when he was an elite player.

22 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That would make sense to me, too. But apparently Julien thinks otherwise.

I would have done the same.  My guess is that Julien preferred to only change up one line instead of two.

A pretty quiet first period overall but it's hard to complain about how the Habs did.  Call it a good road period.

Nice shift by Perry there.

3 minutes ago, Neech said:

Another puck over glass, gotta have one each game.

The refs weren't giving the Habs enough useless penalties that had to shoot the puck over the boards.  The Habs are unable to contain their exuberance showing off their PK skill and ability to score SHG's. 

Woo Perry yay 🚨

2-0

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

The more I watch Evans the more impressive I am with him. He's going to be a very good checking center in this league.

Agree ... don't yet see him as more than 4C on a playoff quality team ... but that could change. 

2 minutes ago, Neech said:

Lol Perry scores without even trying to.

What do you mean ... veteran smarts allowed him to fake an attempted pass and slide it through the 5-hole ... or maybe he added a horseshoe to his equipment tonight ... :D