Game Thread | Thrashers vs. Canadiens | 11/22/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by tommy9

2Habbie:

Jagr got his first shoot-out goal finally (and decisive :) ) . Have you some opportunity to see this penalty shot and tell something about it?

Please ... :)

I didn't see the NYR game yet but I'll tell you. Here come the highlites. Wait right there!

Oh! What a beautiful goal!

Hehe.. it's hard to explain because he made up the move..lol.. he went to the right but he neevr moved the puck. Biron followed Jagr's body and left the other side of the net open. Jagr shot instead of deking. I don't know if you can picture it but it was very nice.

;)!! YES! I can imagine! A Jaromir's classical "contra-motion-hollow-manoeuvre" :D:D Sorry for these words, but I can't that better translated. In Czech we say by tis kind of goal: "Pojd sem! Kam jdeš?" ... in English about this "Come here! Where are you going?" :):)

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder how many one-goal games montreal has had (wins & losses). it's got to be the massive majority of their games.

Originally posted by shortcat1

2Habbie:

Jagr got his first shoot-out goal finally (and decisive :) ) . Have you some opportunity to see this penalty shot and tell something about it?

tommy, what do you do 'for a living'?

are you a student? are you 'unemployed'? do you work midnight shifts?

I don't understand it. it must be ridiculously late for you and you're still up. i can't imagine you having to go to a job the next day. doing this on a regular basis, if you're working a day job, must take a heavy toll on you.

again... what do you do 'for a living'?

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Crosby: goal, assist, win

I guess the Ovechkin fanclub is gonna have to go back into hiding.

OVECHKIN! OVECHKIN!

I hate Crosby! He's unsportsmanlike and has abad attitude IMO from what I've seen of him in interviews and him on the ice. Also, it's big news that his dad, Troy, has a bigger ego than Eric Lindros, or me for that matter and is a huge bastard. He yelled at the Penguins organization for not playing Crosby on a 5-on-3 situation. He also has sent multiple hate letters to Jack Todd because he said Crosby isn't a cross between Gretzky and Lemieux. What ever, I'm ranting. I just don't like Crosby and I love the way Ovechkin plays.

A bad attitude? Dunno what interview you saw but you musta dreamt it.

His dad is a goof ball, so what? I don't see what that has to do with anything.

And if you wanna talk about bad attitudes, replay the USA vs Russia semi-final game at the World Junior last year. Remember Ovechkin scoring and jumping into the bench like an idiot, then tantung the USA bench? I never saw Crosby do that. And lets not forget poor ol' Ovechkin quiting on his team in the Gold Medal game cuz they were getting blown out. Remember him standing behind the bench watching in the 2nd with no equipment on? Talk about BAD ATTITUDE.

Crosby: goal, assist, win

I guess the Ovechkin fanclub is gonna have to go back into hiding.

OVECHKIN! OVECHKIN!

I hate Crosby! He's unsportsmanlike and has abad attitude IMO from what I've seen of him in interviews and him on the ice. Also, it's big news that his dad, Troy, has a bigger ego than Eric Lindros, or me for that matter and is a huge bastard. He yelled at the Penguins organization for not playing Crosby on a 5-on-3 situation. He also has sent multiple hate letters to Jack Todd because he said Crosby isn't a cross between Gretzky and Lemieux. What ever, I'm ranting. I just don't like Crosby and I love the way Ovechkin plays.

A bad attitude? Dunno what interview you saw but you musta dreamt it.

His dad is a goof ball, so what? I don't see what that has to do with anything.

And if you wanna talk about bad attitudes, replay the USA vs Russia semi-final game at the World Junior last year. Remember Ovechkin scoring and jumping into the bench like an idiot, then tantung the USA bench? I never saw Crosby do that. And lets not forget poor ol' Ovechkin quiting on his team in the Gold Medal game cuz they were getting blown out. Remember him standing behind the bench watching in the 2nd with no equipment on? Talk about BAD ATTITUDE.

Definitely couldn't be this one: http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/11/244458.html

He seems like a pretty good kid there, no cockiness at all.

an interesting comment by a post-game announcers... he compares dagenais to a pinch-hitter in baseball.

he says that, in 'his' team, he'd play dagenais on the first line of the power play on a regular basis... reason being that dagenais is a shooter who'll score in that kind of situation... he'd be like a brett hull who finds an open space during the power play and snap it past the goalie at least once every couple games.

doesn't sound bad, really. dagenais would be there to play on the power plays. with the number of penalties that are happening now, that could very well work. :D:D:D

2Habbie:

tommy, what do you do 'for a living'?

are you a student? are you 'unemployed'? do you work midnight shifts?

i don't understand it. it must be ridiculously late for you and you're still up. i can't imagine you having to go to a job the next day. doing this on a regular basis, if you're working a day job, must take a heavy toll on you.

again... what do you do 'for a living'?

LOL! Nothing from your choices! :) I'm a "sleeping partner" in one small biz. But a very busy now on this forum. Or not! :D

I will start to work on a daytime basis in January maybe.

You are a little quieter now! :D

PS. Last job-poll from Germany says that about 9% of people is working at home there! And I am the first swallow behind the Iron curtain! ;)

an interesting comment by a post-game announcers... he compares dagenais to a pinch-hitter in baseball.

he says that, in 'his' team, he'd play dagenais on the first line of the power play on a regular basis... reason being that dagenais is a shooter who'll score in that kind of situation... he'd be like a brett hull who finds an open space during the power play and snap it past the goalie at least once every couple games.

doesn't sound bad, really. dagenais would be there to play on the power plays. with the number of penalties that are happening now, that could very well work.  :D:D:D

Hmmm, very interesting! Didn't he play the powerplay tonight?

No I don't remember.

Anyways, I just don't like Crosby. I prefer how Ovechkin plays. With intensity. He checks better than a lot of players when Crosby get sbeta up every game (Hatcher). Come to think of it, I remember an unsportsmanlike penalty against Crosby in that game (he WAS high-sticked but the players without pride know to shut up and not yell at the ref when they don't agree with him) and I also remember him cheapshotting Hatcher from behind to retaliate from earlier high-sticks.

I didn't hear about the 2 incidents you said but even if he does have bad attitude, so does Crosby and I just prefer how Ovechkin plays. I don't want a whole discussion on this.

OT AND SO WERE INSAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!!!

i was back home JUST IN TIME to watch the end of the 3rd period and OT AND SO killed my heart!!! i was soooo freaky excited hahahaha

but that's the way i like it hahahaha

thanx theo, thand DAGENAIS!!! THANX HABS!!!

doesn't sound bad, really. dagenais would be there to play on the power plays. with the number of penalties that are happening now, that could very well work.  :D:D:D

c'est pas ron fournier qui a dit ça? ;)

pas toi qui disait que ron fournier ça vaut pas 5¢? haha

Oh. Is late here.

Good night&sweet winning dreams to complete Habs-community on the World.

... and let me celebrate my post no. 500, with a pic of Chateau Lány - a summer presidential residence (12 miles outside my home :)) ... You are all hearty welcomed! :)

Lany-21.jpg

copyright -tommy- :D, ...bye ... time to :zzz:

I just saw the replay of the game, what a stupid give away on the second ATL goal by Bonk, costs us almost the game! What was he thinking, clearing through the middle.

Finally a win again, nice to wake up like this!

EDIT: I love that OT save from Theo, what a guy :)

[Edited on 2005/11/23 by Dutch_Habs_Fan]

Why even dress Streit if he's not going to play? Put him in the press box and call up someone from Hamilton. I don't want to see Markov, Rivet and Bouillon get burnt out by March.

I'm starting to get really pissed off at Julien's ice-time policy. Higgins, Perezoghin and Dagenais barely play, Plekanec plays for maybe 10 minutes... we're basically playing with 8 forwards! This is NOT a good situation.

On to happier topics...

Anyone know where I can see a clip of Théo's shootout save on Hossa last night? The game clips on canadiens.com stop with Dagenais's goal and the clips on NHL.com are exactly the same.

Anyone know where I can see a clip of Théo's shootout save on Hossa last night? The game clips on canadiens.com stop with Dagenais's goal and the clips on NHL.com are exactly the same.

www.tsn.ca/nhl find the article and sign up for tsn E@mail and you can watch it.

That was, by far, the worst game of the season. When you have the 20th ranked penalty killing unit in the league, and you're hosting the 3rd ranked powerplay unit, and you take as many penalties as the Habs did, you're playing Russian Roulette. And if it weren't for Jose's wizardry, and Bonk's month-early Christmas gift, the Habs may have given up yet another victory. Get it through your helmets guys. The refs are calling everything, so enough of the little pokes and prods, 'cause you can't afford to give the opposition that many opportunities.

And Pierre Dagenais being named third star just for potting the shootout goal is an absolute joke. Shields played just as well as anybody else.

Originally posted by RobRock

That was, by far, the worst game of the season.  When you have the 20th ranked penalty killing unit in the league, and you're hosting the 3rd ranked powerplay unit, and you take as many penalties as the Habs did, you're playing Russian Roulette.  And if it weren't for Jose's wizardry, and Bonk's month-early Christmas gift, the Habs may have given up yet another victory.  Get it through your helmets guys.  The refs are calling everything, so enough of the little pokes and prods, 'cause you can't afford to give the opposition that many opportunities.

And Pierre Dagenais being named third star just for potting the shootout goal is an absolute joke.  Shields played just as well as anybody else.

The refereeing was absolutely brutal. Don't get me wrong I normally like the way the games are being called but last night was ridiculous, there were too many phantom calls and the diving was rampant, I've never seen so many 200 lb men fall down so easily, they really have to get a grip on this and start calling the dives. Great to see Theo steal one though:hlogo: