Get Dagenais OUT!!!!

habsfan_69

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go read my post in life without alexi.

Oh, and what do you suggest we get for him at this point. Honestly, wait a bit more and you may get a draft pick

[Edited on 2005/11/22 by johnnyhasbeen]

I dont think he is taking penalties anymore, not anymore than others do, anyhow.

He is on the team, but Julien seems barely using the guy anymore.

Even with Kovy away, Julien seems un-interesred in using Dagenais on the power play, well, definitely not on the first waive anyhow.

Dagenais is there, yet, not used in any meaningfull way,....it seems clear that he is on his way out,.......but wait,.. there is most likely no one in the system the CH feels would be an appropriate replacement at this stage.

Dags only has this year left on his contract? Just curious as there is no way I can see them offering him anything next year. The new NHL passed him by along with many others.

Too many guys hanging on. I think Steve Yzerman should retire as the new NHL has passed him by too. He is complaining the new NHL stinks. Sorry Steve, like many other slow players the only smell that is around is that of your hockey playing.

unless he's sent with his buddy mike to somehwere far, far away in the western conference. phoenix seems to be trading alot these days...how about that gauthier guy

he's on my x-mas wish list

Uh, yeh, he he Dags for Gauthier, that's the ticket.

In our dreams.

Dags isnt going anywhere except Hamilton, unless his play picks up. Hopefully CJ will find a way to utilize his limited skills on the power-play.

Having experienced the handicap of a lack of speed in sports myself, i feel sorry for the guy, but he would help his cause a lot by learning to position himself to compensate for his deficiencies

I've never seen anybody who shoots more than him....He can be at center ice...and he'l shoot on net, regardless if there is everyone on his line is directly in front of him. Or he can have the worst angle on a power play with 4 guys in fornt of him and Ryder all alone in front of the net and he'll shoot....HE's is a jumbo useless piece of super slow garbage.....If he would learn how to pass i might argue that his speed dificiency can be acomodated but all he does is shoot shoot shoot...he needs to be taught how to pass by Gordon Bombay with eggs on the ice.....GET him outta here and call someone up or sign somebody anybody...I hear Jean Beliveau is a free agent...give him a shot or GOrdie HOwe, they can't be worse than Dags

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

I've never seen anybody who shoots more than him....He can be at center ice...and he'l shoot on net, regardless if there is everyone on his line is directly in front of him.  Or he can have the worst angle on a power play with 4 guys in fornt of him and Ryder all alone in front of the net and he'll shoot....HE's is a jumbo useless piece of super slow garbage.....If he would learn how to pass i might argue that his speed dificiency can be acomodated but all he does is shoot shoot shoot...he needs to be taught how to pass by Gordon Bombay with eggs on the ice.....GET him outta here and call someone up or sign somebody anybody...I hear Jean Beliveau is a free agent...give him a shot or GOrdie HOwe, they can't be worse than Dags

speaking of Gordon Bombay, maybe Mr Gainey can convince him to come out of retirement. Mr Gainey's no stranger to the Stars organisation.

Yes - Dagenais is slow - yes he's not the most physical presence when you think of his size ....

But he can get 10 shots on goal every game if you get him the puck ... not many players on our team can bluntly state the same ... the fact that he's on the 6th line playing 1 minute a game and still averaging 3 shots on goal per game should state enough ... He will never be a speedster but when the team is trying to put the puck in the net and the guys are not doing the job - give the 17 goal man the chance to put rubber to the goal keeper and let's see how it goes ...

He's more responsible D wise and he's starting to use the body more than just to sway the women in his bed... The guy has to play from blue line to blue and not get caught to deep - but last game he was doing lots of crap down low for us and gave us a chance to score ... Ribiero and the likes seem to be sleeping on the job ... regardless of talent ... and Dagenais is spilling his guts out ...

I like speed but I also like shots on net and will ... and lately - Dagenais is looking like a shooting wildman...

:hlogo::devil::hlogo:

Originally posted by Remonatrix

Yes - Dagenais is slow - yes he's not the most physical presence when you think of his size ....

But he can get 10 shots on goal every game if you get him the puck ... not many players on our team can bluntly state the same ... the fact that he's on the 6th line playing 1 minute a game and still averaging 3 shots on goal per game should state enough ... He will never be a speedster but when the team is trying to put the puck in the net and the guys are not doing the job - give the 17 goal man the chance to put rubber to the goal keeper and let's see how it goes ...

He's more responsible D wise and he's starting to use the body more than just to sway the women in his bed...  The guy has to play from blue line to blue and not get caught to deep - but last game he was doing lots of crap down low for us and gave us a chance to score ... Ribiero and the likes seem to be sleeping on the job ... regardless of talent ... and Dagenais is spilling his guts out ...  

I like speed but I also like shots on net and will ... and lately - Dagenais is looking like a shooting wildman...

:hlogo::devil::hlogo:

Hmmmm... he has been in 16 games, has taken STUPID penalties that hurt the team and has only 3 points. Oh dont forget a -5 and scores on 3% of his shots.

Did you watch his last shot on goal? From the blue line he sort of flipped it toward the net. WOW!!!!

Welcome to the board Remonatrix, I know you want to see him do well with the Habs like we all would. However his number is up with Montreal as he is not as good as the rookies.

The player Dagenais reminds me of the most is Sylvain Turgeon. Remember him? Another bulky not-too-bright dude who did nothing but shoot.

In Dag's defence, I think he was a useful player to have around in the 'old' NHL. Shooting the damned puck may seem simple, but there's an awful lot of players who never seem to have grasped that if you don't shoot, you don't score. It's GOOD that he shoots. The problem now is his foot-speed, which is no longer NHL-calibre. Still, if the obstruction returns, I wouldn't be surprised to his numbers improve.

Personally, I'm more worried about Ribs. Unless he can take his speed to another level, we'll be without a legitimate #2 centreman. If I were Julien, I'd be thinking about trying out Bonk in that capacity...

[Edited on 2005/11/22 by Roo-AH! Roo-AH!]

For sure he is no Perezhogin or Plekanec but he gets 1 minute of Ice time a year - c'mon -

As for the minuses - let's never forget Ryder - Ribiero and a few others from out Second "top" line...

The only reason they have points is because of powerplays ....

I'd just like to give the guy a chance ...

One thing we are lacking with the habs is size ... he's the only BIG guy on our team (komisarek don't count - he's a D man)...

He's a one trick poney for shure - his lone goal was a big one when we needed it ....

Claude Julien will probably read our blurbs and take his decision based on our rants .... hahahah:lol::lol::lol::monkey::lol::lol:

For sure he is no Perezhogin or Plekanec but he gets 1 minute of Ice time a year - c'mon -  

As for the minuses - let's never forget Ryder - Ribiero and a few others from out Second "top" line...

The only reason they have points is because of powerplays ....

I'd just like to give the guy a chance ...

One thing we are lacking with the habs is size ... he's the only BIG guy on our team (komisarek don't count - he's a D man)...

He's a one trick poney for shure - his lone goal was a big one when we needed it ....

Claude Julien will probably read our blurbs and take his decision based on our rants .... hahahah:lol::lol::lol::monkey::lol::lol:

He's gotten his chance and he's failed miserably. He's a big body but he doesn't/can't hit so I don't know why you'd bring that up.

He's trying to hit a bit more ....

I know .. I'm biased ... but so is everyone else ...

Except for Koivu - plekanec and Perezhogin - nobodies doing anything worth talking about on the ice for the last 2 games ... except Dagenais .... soooooooo...

Anyways - let's trade him for a bag of pucks and a first round draft pick - that's my take on it .... his contract is not that much ....between him and Hossa I figure you would of kept Hossa ... I would of too...

:contract:

I don't understand all this useless discussion of Dagenais.

The guy is getting about 6 minutes of ice time per game. He hasn't been taking penalities lately. He is pretty much a non-factor in the team's play. Maybe we could find someone else to take his 6 minutes but I don't think we have any stars we can slip in who will turn the losses into victories.

Maybe he'll improve or maybe he'll be dropped at the end of the season (or even before that) but it isn't really going to affect the team much one way or another.

[Edited on 2005/11/22 by Peter Puck]

Your right - he is a non factor in the game right now - Like Ribiero and a few others - but they get way more ice time ....

Move Perezhogin or Plekanec up to the first line - Begin as second C man - bulis and Ryder his wings - and lets see how much crach em and bash em we can get out of them ...

Higgins to play a D role and ribiero - back on the fourth line where his speed and Dagenais's speed can be usefull on the bench !:puke::monkey::puke::devil::/):D:D

He's trying to hit a bit more ....

I know .. I'm biased ... but so is everyone else ...

Except for Koivu - plekanec and Perezhogin - nobodies doing anything worth talking about on the ice for the last 2 games ... except Dagenais .... soooooooo...

Anyways - let's trade him for a bag of pucks and a first round draft pick - that's my take on it .... his contract is not that much ....between him and Hossa I figure you would of kept Hossa ... I would of too...

:contract:

You must have been listening to the games and not watching them. Bulis is playing like a wildman, hitting and getting chances. His only downfall is not scoring. Begin is like a hero and Higgins has made his way up to the second line. Perizhogin is stll learning but MILES ahead of Dags and would you want Dags to takes Pleks spot?

I say if Dags 6 minutes per game is not going to do anything creative, give the time to Begin and Bulis. To say the rest of the team is no doing anything is just not a correct observation.

Dags should be in the press box watching the games as he is spectator when he is on the ice. I defended him many times in the past, but enough is enough. He had lots of chances being on the second line early in the season and he did nothing. Ryder was the same way but has scored a few important goals and is a threat every time he touches the puck. Now to get back to the second line Dags has to play better with the time given to him. The big hits he tries to dish out puts him out of position or ends up as a dumb penalty. You are like I was at one time, in denial.. It will pass. :):):)

I'm a die hard Bulis fan because the man is a flying machine ... if only he could score like he did in Europe last year :wall:- he's our first goal of the year and has only put in 2 others since - irrespective the 15000 posts he caught last game :?-

Plekanec will always play as good as the job you give him - give him nothing to do and he will do just that :o

I figure we might have to go in deep and trade a forward for someone in the rear - the guys are hurting in the back right now ....

Go bulis Go !! the guy is in my Pool ... fer criss sakes !!!:guru:

I don't like what I've seen from Bonk. We should keep for a few more games and if he doesn't score his first goal or step up, then maybe we should look for a trade. But who wants a goalless disappointment for over 2 million dollars? We don't really have any tradeable players with trade value.

Bulis couldn't score if they replaced the nets with soccer nets. Sorry, but that's the way it is: the guy cannot finish.

The thing about Bonk is that he's a veteran who had several respectable seasons as the #1 centreman in Ottawa. He has PROVEN that he can be an effective offensive presence over the course of his career. So if he's doing squat for us, that may be due either to his groin problem or the way the team has used him; that's why I suggest redefining his role and putting him on the second line.