Feb 01, Habs VS Canucks 7:00pm

habs#4,9,10,33

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They can't afford to bring Frolik up and sit Mete.  Well, unless they recalled Frolik and left Perry on the taxi squad I guess.

I didn't read the lines and assumed that Anderson was out.  It was suggested that Mete play as 4th line winger so I figured the Habs went with that.  There was also a report that Mete had asked for a trade, but MB vehemently denied it. 

What’s the point in having a backup goaltender if you’re never going to use them on nights where there is a b2b?

Just now, xXx..CK..xXx said:

What’s the point in having a backup goaltender if you’re never going to use them on nights where there is a b2b?

Demko and Allen likely play tomorrow.  

This game is over, why tire Demko?

25 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I didn't read the lines and assumed that Anderson was out.  It was suggested that Mete play as 4th line winger so I figured the Habs went with that.  There was also a report that Mete had asked for a trade, but MB vehemently denied it. 

Had Anderson not been able to play, they would have had to have played Mete as a 7th D/4th line W since Anderson's illness wasn't a COVID-related absence (which would have opened up a cap-exempt recall).  With Perry up, they can't afford another recall under regular cap conditions.

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

This is a fun game to watch.  Only negative thing to say...Mete not good.  But the rest is great.

He's not having a great game but after sitting for as long as he has, I was expecting some rust.  The good news is that they should be able to give him some extra ice time in the third to try to get him more comfortable.

So once again... great game and can’t  watch due to the blackout...and what is the point of a blackout with no fans????

anyway... are we really this good... or are Vancouver just brutally awful...

Just now, brobin said:

So once again... great game and can’t  watch due to the blackout...and what is the point of a blackout with no fans????

To force you to buy the channels they want you to buy. 

If you are in the region, they want you to buy TSN

and if you are outside the region they want you to buy NHL.TV

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, brobin said:

There are ways to watch it, but not allowed to post it here.

4 minutes ago, brobin said:

I caved and got centre ice. It pisses me off that there aren’t other options but it is what it is 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

why though.  The Suzuki - Drouin - Anderson is 2nd in the NHL for xG right now. 

Why change it?

That line is doing great, so it does sorta seem odd to change it.  However, there are numerous aspects of Anderson's game that we have yet to see.  i.e. he can play out front of the net, and more importantly he is a decent fore checker that does open ice hits, and possibly recover the puck and be off on a break away.  Numerous clips of him with CBJ looked like he had flashes of Bob Gainey.