Feb 01, Habs VS Canucks 7:00pm

habs#4,9,10,33

1 minute ago, brobin said:

I use to stream it but quality was terrible.. 

I have tsn but in Ontario... so endless leaf games and US games... one habs game a week...

Could you get RDS? I know its in french and you might not understand, but at least you'd get to SEE the game!

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

why though.  The Suzuki - Drouin - Anderson is 2nd in the NHL for xG right now. 

Why change it?

Wasn’t suggesting they change it just an observation based on Drouin’s strengths as a passer

I did want to mention that Edmundson is solid with Petry. He is weak on clearing attempts but overall a very solid Dman 

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

RDS is blacked out in Ontario now

Well that sucks! I live in the suburbs of MTL and I have access to SportsNet Ontario!

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I should clarify that we can get RDS but Habs games are blacked out

Ahh, OK, thanks for the clarification!

12 minutes ago, brobin said:

So once again... great game and can’t  watch due to the blackout...and what is the point of a blackout with no fans????

I feel your pain.  I've had the same problem for years ever since they changed the TV rights. 

I recall a member being in the 613 area code and I believe it was you?   Oddly, I have numerous friends around Belleville that for some reason were not blacked out.  Maybe that changed this year?   I couldn't figure out why they were getting the games because as far as I understand the NHL would want people in 613 to watch the Sens.   

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I feel your pain.  I've had the same problem for years ever since they changed the TV rights. 

I recall a member being in the 613 area code and I believe it was you?   Oddly, I have numerous friends around Belleville that for some reason were not blacked out.  Maybe that changed this year?   I couldn't figure out why they were getting the games because as far as I understand the NHL would want people in 613 to watch the Sens.   

The Sens and Habs share the same region, they can't black out each other's games.

13 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I should clarify that we can get RDS but Habs games are blacked out

NHL Live "French package" is $54/year and not blacked out as long as you live west of Belleville. Kitchener is fine. :)

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

NHL Live "French package" is $54/year and not blacked out as long as you live west of Belleville. Kitchener is fine. :)

Weird.  I used to specifically pay for RDS with Bell Sat but the games have been blacked out since the last TV deal.  Its the same with Habs games on TSN2.  Even if you get the channel the games are only available to people in Quebec or the Maritimes.  It doesnt mention that there is no blackout in Ottawa so I figured there would be.  I thought the NHL tried to force everyone to watch whatever team is most local to them.

31 minutes ago, brobin said:

So once again... great game and can’t  watch due to the blackout...and what is the point of a blackout with no fans????

anyway... are we really this good... or are Vancouver just brutally awful...

Here is a good article on the blackouts ... doesn't make them any easier to accept, but a thorough review

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Weird.  I used to specifically pay for RDS with Bell Sat but the games have been blacked out since the last TV deal.  Its the same with Habs games on TSN2.  Even if you get the channel the games are only available to people in Quebec or the Maritimes.  It doesnt mention that there is no blackout in Ottawa so I figured there would be.  I thought the NHL tried to force everyone to watch whatever team is most local to them.

The French package only loses the national games (sorry to go off topic in GDT!)

Game Availability for French Language Broadcasts by region

For information on what games are available in your region, CLICK HERE.

Mid-Eastern Ontario, Eastern Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic Canada

The Montreal Canadiens and the Ottawa Senators are both the local in-market teams in this region of Canada. You are blacked out from viewing regional games for both of these teams in French if you live in this broadcast region. 

Region Boundaries From Brighton / Colborne (including Belleville / Trenton) Eastward within Ontario Includes: Brighton/Colborne, Belleville / Trenton, Warkworth/Hastings, Norwood/Havelock, Warsaw/Lakefield, Apsley, Bancroft/Harcourt at the Western boundary Includes: Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, & Newfoundland & Labrador

• The Regional Boundaries are not cleanly defined
  • Some people along the regional boundaries may fall in or out of a given region based on the postal code definitions provided by the NHL

Rest of Canada – this is the region where the NHL Out-of-Market French Package is sold

The Montreal Canadiens and the Ottawa Senators are both the local in-market teams in this region of Canada. These provinces are a shared broadcast region. French games available in NHL LIVE without the necessary TV package:

• All regional French games
    • RDS is the French broadcaster for in-market Habs and Sens games on TV
    • These games are available within the NHL Out-of-Market French Package
  • All national French games
    • Blacked out regardless of where you are in Canada 

Region Boundaries West of, but not including, Belleville / Trenton within Ontario Includes: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, NW Territories, Nunavut, Alberta, BC, Yukon

40 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Toffoli would excel in Anderson’s spot as a pure sniper 

Likely ... but is filling the LW spot beside KK beautifully, flipping him with Anderon likely means Armia/Perry would have to play LW as I've read nothing of Anderson ever playing LW ... and it would take the physical presence away from Suzuki & Drouin

32 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

That line is doing great, so it does sorta seem odd to change it.  However, there are numerous aspects of Anderson's game that we have yet to see.  i.e. he can play out front of the net, and more importantly he is a decent fore checker that does open ice hits, and possibly recover the puck and be off on a break away.  Numerous clips of him with CBJ looked like he had flashes of Bob Gainey. 

Not certain that the line combinations have anything to do with what you feel you haven't seen from him as yet this year ... 

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

If Mete wants to stay in the lineup, he isn't showing it this game.

While he has not had a good game (and neither has Romanov), I don't think it's "want". He has not played an NHL game since February 18 last year, almost a year ago.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

While he has not had a good game (and neither has Romanov), I don't think it's "want". He has not played an NHL game since February 18 last year, almost a year ago.

Thought Romanov settled down some when they flipped him back to the right-side.

18 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Because prior to the last tv deal, RDS had both the habs regional coverage and the national coverage. 

When TVA got the national coverage and it was no longer the same channel, the regional had to be blacked out. 

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yeah Mete was not great although he was getting better. He gets a pass cause he hasn’t played in a long time. 

Kulak is miles above him though

I'll give him an "incomplete", not a "pass"

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Most ice time among Montreal d-men: 20:45 (Chiarot)

Least ice time among Montreal d-men: 17:45 (Mete)

That's about as effective as you can get balancing the ice time for defencemen.

Good job by Luke/Claude ... perfect game to give the 3rd pairing some extra time and rest the top 4