Feb 02, Habs VS Canucks - 7;00pm

habs#4,9,10,33

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

As Others have said this move is unlikely but I think it is worth exploring 

You said Allen has outplayed him, what does that have to do with last 5 years?

But, Price's defense has been crap for last 5 years as well, i bet he has seen the most rubber of any goalie in the 5 years also. And that may be likely why all his peers and opponents still rate him as a top tier goalie? But yes, he has let in lots of soft goals, but also played a ton. 

And Price is going nowhere, is a non-starter and as noted by others, is just not happening and i hope he retires a Hab, not that that matters.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

... 3. partly agree. I think at this stage, we can’t play price 60-70 games a year. We also can’t afford to pay $15m in the future for goaltending.  If we move him, I want a solid replacement.

*** IF *** they can manage to keep Allen next season it will be $13.375 ... Allen took a cut on his extension, from $4.35 to $2.875 million ... don't know that another quality veteran backup would be much cheaper ... question is likely whether Primeau will be ready AND whether Habs want him to sit that much ... since he will still be on his ELC they could swap him down to get AHL starts on off days or even when Price is scheduled to start (bring up the AHL starter to sit, and get a day of NHL pay) 

I seem to be on an island here and everyone is making good points. 

I genuinely believe that we are challenging for the cup and I’ve posted how important the two goalies are due to schedule. 

So Price will be cup champion this year. 

It is possible we can repeat without Tatar next year and the tandem of Price and Allen will be solid. 

The 15 million cap hit still sucks 

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

I agree with CC and DON on this one. 

It seems I’m alone for sure. 

I see 10.5 million in cap space as far more valuable than the performance of Price. 

I see Price as far from an elite player and is average with periods of brilliance and periods of garbage. 

Price is not much better than Allen. 

Id rather have another Toffoli and another Anderson for that 10.5 million 

Maybe another Toffoli and another Anderson would be better. If those were available. And if Price were willing to leave.

But neither one is likely to be the case so I think this argument is moot.