Byron - Evans - Lehkonen 

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Price

RETRO NIGHT AT THE BELL CENTER 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

If any changes to lineup tomorrow I will adjust. Tried to make things pretty with team logos but no cigar.. sorry 

I fixed it for you - it was the URL of the images that wasn't making it pop up - you had http, they're now https.

• Like 1

I’d like the taxi squad to get in the rotation in these games against Ottawa. I want the squad to feel part of the team and also not get too rusty on the sidelines - also - I think any and all of the regulars will need to have off days now and then. Get Frolik in for a game - or Poehling 

that said - I can think of 3 reasons why that’s a bad idea 

1. Maybe the taxi squad doesn’t deserve it - who knows what it’s like behind the scenes? I certainly don’t know

2. salary cap implications - the team may simply not have the flexibility for that right now, and are saving whatever flexibility they have for emergencies or the end of the season. 
3. who sits first? No one will volunteer to sit and frankly, why mess with a good thing! 

still - I’d be doing with the forwards what just happened vs Vancouver with the dmen. 

No joke,  our 6 dmen would crack their top 3. 

Sad to say, but I would ice Romanov over anyone on their squad not named Chabot.  And he is a mistake prone rookie.

21 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

I agree with the taxi squad needing ice BUT the problem ahead of us short term is we only have 5 games in the next 16 days for the regular roster. Too much time off at risk of slowing momentum... 

Biggest risk to our team is not having enough strong competition in the North division. Playing teams like Ottawa is not good for us.

Also having ‘94 Expos nightmares about this season when it comes to the pandemic. This league needs to vaccinate its players asap.

3 hours ago, revvvrob said:

I’d like the taxi squad to get in the rotation in these games against Ottawa. I want the squad to feel part of the team and also not get too rusty on the sidelines - also - I think any and all of the regulars will need to have off days now and then. Get Frolik in for a game - or Poehling 

that said - I can think of 3 reasons why that’s a bad idea 

1. Maybe the taxi squad doesn’t deserve it - who knows what it’s like behind the scenes? I certainly don’t know

2. salary cap implications - the team may simply not have the flexibility for that right now, and are saving whatever flexibility they have for emergencies or the end of the season. 
3. who sits first? No one will volunteer to sit and frankly, why mess with a good thing! 

still - I’d be doing with the forwards what just happened vs Vancouver with the dmen. 

A lot of it is number two.  The Habs can barely afford to carry 22 on their roster right now and of those is injured in Armia.  If they want Frolik up, Perry has to go down in a corresponding move.  If they want Poehling to get a game, it probably has to come at Romanov's expense since sending Evans down wouldn't free up enough cap room and they wouldn't send Kotkaniemi/Suzuki down.  If you want Fleury in, it's Romanov that comes out.  Do any of these scenarios make the Habs better?  I don't think so.

The hope seems to be that the Canadian AHL division will start next week, likely with Toronto/Belleville on road trips to finalize COVID parameters so there will be an opportunity for playing time soon.  I'm actually partially intrigued to see if Frolik gets a conditioning game or two while players like Poehling and Fleury getting longer stints.  The extended AHL delay doesn't help but the rust factor shouldn't be as significant over the next few weeks once they're up and running.

• Upvote 1

A random thought - tonight will be Weber's ceremony for his 1000th game.  Is anyone else slightly annoyed for his sake that on top of not being able to have his family present, he'll be wearing a gimmick uniform in the pictures since tonight is the first game with the cash grab Reverse Retro uniforms?  Here's a milestone moment for a franchise pillar; shouldn't it be with an actual Montreal jersey, not a one-year gimmick?  It's not that I don't like the blues - they're one of the better looks among the ones teams have - but he should be in the home red for the pictures.  Knowing how the marketing department thinks though, I suspect they deliberately waited to debut these uniforms until tonight to make sure they get the extra attention.

2 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Nothing is worst then the barber pole 💈

Agree, hope they bury those uniforms and pattern for good. Right down their with Boston's puke yellow ones, both make my eye bleed.

5 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

No joke,  our 6 dmen would crack their top 3. 

Sad to say, but I would ice Romanov over anyone on their squad not named Chabot.  And he is a mistake prone rookie.

Agree about the Romanov-Chabot comment.   I really like a Chabot and longer term he may be the best dman on either team. Petry has been a revelation this year and really surprised me. But if trade a Weber for Chabot was available, I’d do it in a heartbeat.  I’d even throw in Mete, out of generosity😁

5 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Biggest risk to our team is not having enough strong competition in the North division. Playing teams like Ottawa is not good for us.

Also having ‘94 Expos nightmares about this season when it comes to the pandemic. This league needs to vaccinate its players asap.

Please don’t mention the 94’ expos again and jinx our start!!!

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

A random thought - tonight will be Weber's ceremony for his 1000th game.  Is anyone else slightly annoyed for his sake that on top of not being able to have his family present, he'll be wearing a gimmick uniform in the pictures since tonight is the first game with the cash grab Reverse Retro uniforms?  Here's a milestone moment for a franchise pillar; shouldn't it be with an actual Montreal jersey, not a one-year gimmick?  It's not that I don't like the blues - they're one of the better looks among the ones teams have - but he should be in the home red for the pictures.  Knowing how the marketing department thinks though, I suspect they deliberately waited to debut these uniforms until tonight to make sure they get the extra attention.

Montreal is one team that should never have a 3rd jersey unless it’s the 1940’s/50’s laced red jersey.

3 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Nothing is worst then the barber pole 💈... I might not have a problem with it happening tonight, it adds a special older classic look perhaps for the milestone. 

Some people consider the Ford Pinto a classic - but it’s nothing that Ford should ever consider producing again. Bell bottoms are considered classic by some.  Just because something is old does not make it a classic. Somethings are best left forgotten.  The barber pole jersey is one of those things.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to watch Danault tonight ... Chantal Machabee (RDS) reports that Danault had several conversations with various Canadiens coaches this morning
https://twitter.com/ChantalMachabee/status/1357358874861457408/photo/1

Darn, tough decision. Should I wear my red Shea Weber jersey, or my reverse retro tonight? I’m going to alternate every period. 

Weber

Blue

Weber

10 hours ago, revvvrob said:

Get Frolik in for a game - or Poehling 

I'm intrigued and want to see what Frolik brings to the team.  I have feeling he will be a good fit. 

I'm not a fan of the Habs drafting, but whoever the Habs scout is that picks what NHL players to pick up seems to do a really good job.  ex:  MB does a lot of small lil moves, and they generally pay off way more than what was given up to acquire the player.  I certainly hope that it wasn't Churla that went to Florida. 

I usually only put my Webet jersey on once he scores, so I’m pretty sure he’s putting the puck in the net tonight, and hopefully in the 1st or 3rd period, or the reverse retro won’t see much action today.

Weber looked sooooooooo uncomfortable being the centre of attention ... smiled nice for the cameras but otherwise seemed to want to just start the game