(GDT) FEB 04, HABS VS OTTAWA - 7:00pm

habs#4,9,10,33

29 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Sure, Matt Murray finally remembers how to stop a puck for this game...

Ya, no doubt.  It seems crazy that a goalie with a 4.81 gaa is keeping the Habs at 1 goal through half the game.  I can't see how the Sens have only 1 w with the way Murray is playing tonight. 

Here is an interesting question:

Now that the Habs a really good backup (and with better stats then Price), should the Habs pull Price? 

Also, with Allen dong so well should the Habs consider playing them more like a tandem than just him being a backup? 

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Also, with Allen dong so well should the Habs consider playing them more like a tandem than just him being a backup?

Good question. Not sure we need to go there right away. I think that Price should get 66% of games and Allen will get 33%. At least for the first 25-30 games.

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Ottawa is outworking us and they took away our speed

And they are fast forechecking 

I've noticed that they are also getting their sticks in the way of our passes and shots.

Curious to see how this team will do now that they're down by more than one goal in a game!

Habs don’t seem to come back too well so far this season... generally they coasted into the game and Ottawa came to play... 

if we can’t beat Ottawa up then we are going to fall back to earth soon enough. 

1 minute ago, brobin said:

Habs don’t seem to come back too well so far this season... generally they coasted into the game and Ottawa came to play... 

I think it's clear that the boys have been reading the news clippings a little too much lately. They are taking the Hens lightly and are paying the price!

1 minute ago, brobin said:

I'm not so sure.  Maybe it means that the Flames are definitely not making the playoffs this year.