Ice time

option+

This has kind of been discussed elsewhere, but I thought I'd start a new topic about it.

Ice times from last night:

Bouillon - 32:38

Markov - 31:59

Rivet - 27:05

Dandeneault - 25:49

Does this scare anyone else? I don't want these guys to get burned out by March...

From what ive seen, i think komisarek should be getting some more ice time to cut back on everyone elses. Souray has been terrible, but makeing everyone else play too many minutes fatigues them, thus making them play lousy, ala rivet last night.

That's what happens when you only have 5 defencemen. I don't think Streit had even a shift. I don't see the point of dressing a dman and not even play him. Seems like they're just trying to get him the games that are required in his contract so they can send him packing. He's just useless baggage right now. Guess the Streit experiment didn't work. Look for Hainsey to be on this team by march if no trades are worked out.

Streit only played 1 or 2 shifts (if any) so we pretty much only had 5 defenceman to play. Komisarek didn't get much ice time so our top 4 got even MORE ice time. Then we went to overtime (an extra 5 minutes) so our top 4 got another minute or two extra. But yeah, those numbers are very high but I'm not scared about them being burnt out by the playoffs. We do have 7 defenceman after all.

Originally posted by Makh2o

Something tells me that if they try to bring Hainsey back, he'll get picked off waivers....seeing as how the re-entry waivers cause the former team to pay 50% of the players salary....

I have a question, hopefully someone can enlighten me on the specifics of this new waiver rule.

I understand that if we recall Hainsey than another team could claim him at 50% salary... I agree with the quote above, I feel this would indeed likely happen.

However, my question involves the IR rule, if Hainsey is recalled due to the IR circumstance does he have to go right back down when the player he is replacing comes off IR -OR- could we send someone else down?

I guess I'm just trying to think outside the box here but I happen to agree with the rhetoric suggesting that

A) we are thin along the blueline,

B) our young forwards are not recieving valuable ice time,

We are in the convienent position of having a quality defenceman in Dandenault that prefers to play the wing, making room for Hainsey long-term... I for one would rather see Dandy as a 4th line winger than Prez., I think it's a better fit... Afterall, they could certainly use Perezoghin's scoring in Hamilton and, while a demotion may not be entirely deserved, I'm sure he'd appreciate the minutes he'd recieve...

Anyway, I'd love to hear discussion on any of these issues but would be particularly interested in clarification of the IR call up/waiver exemption rule...

Well, with goalies the IR does make a difference. Huet doesn't have to clear waivers to be called up from Hamilton. I'd guess it works the same way with players and that we can send down Streit instead of Hainsey. Since we normally go with 7 defenceman I think 2 of them would have to be injured in order to be able to call Hainsey up.