Feb 6, Montreal @ Ottawa 1:00pm EST

TurdBurglar

I missed most of the Game, but I have to say i'm a little disappointed by the score. I was hoping the Habs would crush the Hens today...

1 minute ago, Habsfan said:

I missed most of the Game, but I have to say i'm a little disappointed by the score. I was hoping the Habs would crush the Hens today...

I was hoping that but not expecting it, Ottawa is playing with some confidence now. A big 2 points. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

19 shots by Habs and only 8 by Sens, nice.

It was indeed good for the first. But 27 by the Sens to just 13 in the next two periods.

Glad to get out of this one with two points.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Hope they got the crap play out of their system...if they play like this against the Leafs they will get massacred.

I think the Leafs are strong but it’s not like the Leafs lost to Ottawa and then only beat them 3-2 in their rematch the following game or anything...

22 minutes ago, Neech said:

Another uncalled headshot on one of our players.  The difference this time is that I know there won't be any supplemental discipline from the league .

And again nobody did nothing about it. Why not headshot our players, there are 0 consequences. 

Allen was great 

Penalties are gonna bite us in the ass

Cant believe Sens outshot us

3 minutes ago, brobin said:

Stutzle is making a fool of the refs... he backed right into that and dove..

Looked at the play again ... Stuzle is bending forward ... Chiarot targets what would have been Stuzle's upper back if he was standing straight up ... Chiarot's follow-through smashes into Stzule's helmet ... IMO the penalty was warranted

• Upvote 1

My personal opinion is that people have high expectations of the Habs and low expectations of the Sens. At the end of the day, it’s still an NHL match and we walked out with the win.

No reason for any disappointment as I’ve rarely been in a hockey locker room that’s been filled with disappointment after picking up a W, deserved or not. 

What’s that saying?..... “good teams find a way to win when they aren’t playing their best.” 

Nice to get 2 points & on to the next one. 

:gohabsgo:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

You have to like the Habs goaltending depth.

I love the acquisition of Allen. When Price is struggling, you can play the backup without any worries!

1 minute ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

My personal opinion is that people have high expectations of the Habs and low expectations of the Sens. At the end of the day, it’s still an NHL match and we walked out with the win ...

EXACTLY ... clean win, but not a great win ... so Claude can still easily critique what was done wrong ... hard to do that after 5-1 wins even if lots of mistakers were made.

10 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

How did Murray get the 2nd star when Allen had more shots and less goals against?

RDS three stars were (1) Petry, (2) Anderson and (3) Allen ... TSN may have used the "in-house" starts (likely picked by Sens or by TSN1200)

7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Let’s hope Price plays well or we will get massacred. 

Wonder who gets headhunted next?

Price should be on a short leash...if he looks dopey, I'd be quick with the hook.

26 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Spending so much time shorthanded will do that. 

Yup, clear better team 5v5.  But way too many penalties. 

The Romanov one was a bad call, but the rest of the Habs penalties were deserved.  However the Sens easily could have had a bunch too.