Feb. 13, Canadiens vs Maple Leafs, 7 PM

dlbalr

The Leafs just successfully flipped the puck up the ice.  It wasnt needed but was effective and indirectly lead to a scoring chance. 

28 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

No TAtar? 

Hurt or scratched?

I hope we get Perry KK Armia 

Thats the line I would go with too. 

2 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

The Habs also put Mete in, so I’m not sure it’s that. I like Perry, but I am once again not sure that Tatar is the one that I would pull out in his favor.

True, but it would be hard to pull Gally.  🤣  They both basically play the same around the net so it would be silly to pull 1 for the other.  It doesnt really make sense to play Perry with Gally either. 

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

That was a terrible period of hockey.  They look like they don't care yet again.

I see the effort tonight but leafs are pulling slow ass D apart. 

I keep saying this but no forechecking, we sit back and wait for leafs to come. Then leafs embarrass our D   

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Chairot and Weber can’t be a pair. Too slow to cover leafs fast forwards 

Is St Louis still looking to trade Dunn?

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They're still close.  That concludes the list of first period positives...

Lucky to be only 1 goal behind. Still lots of time. If Danault keeps playing like this he will regret turning down that contract (assuming that info is correct).  He was awfully weak on the puck on that first goal.

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They're still looking for a first-round pick from the sounds of it.  I'm not making that move if I'm Bergevin.

I wonder if Bergevin could swing a Philip Danault for Sammy Blais type of trade.  It may take a little more to get Blais. The Blues have two injured centers [Robert Thomas & Tyler Bozak] along with Thomas Alexander Steen on the LTI. 

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Why did Weber just play a 2 min shift?

A similar popup came up in the 2nd last game saying Kulak played a 2:07 shift. 

Long change in the second period.  Habs couldn't get control in the neutral zone. 

Just now, sbhatt said:

They seem to have a little bit more jump, but still can't generate shots on net.

A big part of the issue in recent years is that they avg 30+ shots/game but they are from far out and/or no rebounds and nobody around had there been a rebound anyway.  i.e. they're mostly junk shots.  They seem to have restarted that since their slump started. 

I often believe a big part of their issue is they are in way too close.  ex:  if several Habs are near the crease, theses also numerous opponents around too.  Then theres too many legs to get good shots through all the traffic. 

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Price has made some nice saves. 

Leafs are very good 

Maybe we aren’t as good as I thought

Our play style is not what it was to start the season. 

Swap Kk and Danault 

Agreed, especially that last part.  After that, I would swap Danault for Evans.  

33 minutes ago, habscout said:

I wonder if Bergevin could swing a Philip Danault for Sammy Blais type of trade.  It may take a little more to get Blais. The Blues have two injured centers [Robert Thomas & Tyler Bozak] along with Thomas Alexander Steen on the LTI. 

The plus would need to come from St. Louis.  Blais is a fourth liner that isn't really worth a whole lot.  And despite the injuries, they still have O'Reilly and Schenn as their top two centres.

Just now, DON said:

Like seeing Mete get a chance to play.

NHL.com shows hits 39 to 7?

Mete's looked pretty good.  As for the hits, one team has the puck a lot, the other is hitting to try to get the puck.

1 minute ago, habscout said:
7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Swap Kk and Danault 

Agreed, especially that last part.  After that, I would swap Danault for Evans.  

Personally, I would leave KK and Danault but change the wingers.  Put Anderson with Tatar and Danault; put Gally with KK and Armia; and move Toffoli up with Drouin and Suzuki. 

Who has the best 1 timer and shot?  I'd say Toffoli, so I'd play him with their best passers. i.e. Drouin & Suzuki.  

What winger is the best forechecker?  Anderson, so put him with Danault & Tatar. 

Gally ends up with Armia & KK.  

Those lines would help balance their size better too.