Feb. 13, Canadiens vs Maple Leafs, 7 PM

dlbalr

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Personally, I would leave KK and Danault but change the wingers.  Put Anderson with Tatar and Danault; put Gally with KK and Armia; and move Toffoli up with Drouin and Suzuki. 

Who has the best 1 timer and shot?  I'd say Toffoli, so I'd play him with their best passers. i.e. Drouin & Suzuki.  

What winger is the best forechecker?  Anderson, so put him with Danault & Tatar. 

Gally ends up with Armia & KK.  

Those lines would help balance their size better too. 

Im all for this , I like your reasoning 

Good pass Danault and good shot Toffoli 

Gosh KK, gotta bury that one. 

• Like 1

I like Perry’s intensity. You can see it in his eyes. 

(especially after he gets hit in the face with an errant high stick)

Nice win. Best feeling all season. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Personally, I would leave KK and Danault but change the wingers.  Put Anderson with Tatar and Danault; put Gally with KK and Armia; and move Toffoli up with Drouin and Suzuki. 

Who has the best 1 timer and shot?  I'd say Toffoli, so I'd play him with their best passers. i.e. Drouin & Suzuki.  

What winger is the best forechecker?  Anderson, so put him with Danault & Tatar. 

Gally ends up with Armia & KK.  

Those lines would help balance their size better too. 

I don’t get the constant size comments.  We’re out hit the leafs almost 3 to 1. Came back tonight - thanks in large to Price keeping us in it in the first. 

Issue isn’t size it’s skill.   Forward group has been struggling of late and while we don’t have the Matthews/Marner/Tavares level  skill, we have skill and depth. We aren’t going to score over 4 goals a game the rest of the season, but have guys who can score.  

Issue is the slow D (but they are bigger now!).  This is where I would rather move expensive depth like Byron, Tatar, or both to open up cap room and than try and get some more mobility and skill on the D.
Weber, Chariot, Edmondson are big and physical, but they are slow and we need to pair Weber with a faster puck mover.