The Cristobal Huet Thread

mathieug

4GP, 0W-4L, 3.79 GAA, 109 shots against - 94 saves, 0.862 Sv%

Other bulldogs goalies:

1 Yann Danis 3 180 4 0 1.34 3 0 0 95 91 0.958

2 Jeff Deslauriers 4 238 10 0 2.52 1 3 0 122 112 0.918

3 Ty Conklin 3 152 8 0 3.17 1 2 0 86 78 0.907

4 Olivier Michaud 8 448 26 0 3.48 2 4 1 237 211 0.890

Let's hope he can refind his form. If he keeps on playing like he's now, he could be down in hamilton for one very long conditioning stint.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it would seem that way.

The weird thing is this is the same guy who carried the Kings last year to within a couple of points of the playoffs when they were way out of contention when their regular 1st line goalie, Cechmanek, was out due to injury.

I do hope that things go better for him.

I wonder, how did Danis play, last night, against the Sabres? :?-

I have visitors again so I'm not able to do the couch coach potato playing and yacking with you guys. (By the way, it looks like the same will be the case again tonight.) :eyes::eyes:

Danis played very well. The first two goals were cross-ice one timer that he didn't have much of a chance on, and the third one was Connolly's where he skated into the middle and shot back across the flow of play. But everything he saw, he stopped and the rebounds weren't really a concern. It was just that the Sabres capitalized on their chances.

Originally posted by mathieug

4GP, 0W-4L, 3.79 GAA, 109 shots against - 94 saves, 0.862 Sv%

Other bulldogs goalies:

1 Yann Danis 3 180 4 0 1.34 3 0 0 95 91 0.958

2 Jeff Deslauriers 4 238 10 0 2.52 1 3 0 122 112 0.918

3 Ty Conklin 3 152 8 0 3.17 1 2 0 86 78 0.907

4 Olivier Michaud 8 448 26 0 3.48 2 4 1 237 211 0.890

Let's hope he can refind his form. If he keeps on playing like he's now, he could be down in hamilton for one very long conditioning stint.

I don't think he can stay in Hamilton for more than 2 weeks. He didn't have to clear waivers when he went down because he is on a conditioning stint. I think we have to take him on the nhl roster or else expose him to waivers if we want to keep him in Hamilton.

Originally posted by habs rule

i think danis is ready for the big club and huet does not look so good maybe trade bait?

habs rule you make a good point. I cannot believe Huet is ready for primetime already. I don't think he will be in net for Ottawa game. Maybe Buffalo Dec1st or LA Kings Dec3rd at the Bell Centre?

OK, Bon. Can you guys keep a secret? It's about time for me to reveal my secret identity. C'est moi, Cristo. Mr. Gainey called me the other day. He asked me that I was ready for a game le 3 decembre. He told me I am the only french player in the league. That I had to be ready, ready to rumble. Mon genou is feeling fine. He send me the following file by mail:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/522

He also told me to keep repeating une phrase. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. OK Mr. Gainey. Aucun problème. Je suis prêt!

i think danis is ready for the big club and huet does not look so good maybe trade bait?

They said earlier that they want Danis to play 50 games this year and obviously he won't get them in the NHL. The kid needs playing time to develop. Huet was brought in to be a back up and they are sticking with their plan.

Originally posted by olematelot

They said earlier that they want Danis to play 50 games this year and obviously he won't get them in the NHL. The kid needs playing time to develop. Huet was brought in to be a back up and they are sticking with their plan.

yes he does need to develop and the shuttle to hamilton seemed to work well. It also saves $ under the cap. maybe huet will come back but I've never been that impressed with him. his stats are not that good. I always felt he was a throw in for that trade. On the positive side his contract is apparently $456,000 which is cheap so if he does not work out he wont kill us under the cap

yes he does need to develop and the shuttle to hamilton seemed to work well. It also saves $ under the cap. maybe huet will come back but I've never been that impressed with him. his stats are not that good. I always felt he was a throw in for that trade. On the positive side his contract is apparently $456,000 which is cheap so if he does not work out he wont kill us under the cap

I think he's good enough to spell Theo every once in a while

I really don't think you'll see Huet go anywhere this season

I would agree. Huet will backup in Montreal while Danis gets regular playing time in Hamilton. Next season Danis should be the backup with the big boys.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by RobRock

Huet stated earlier this year that he didn't expect to be with the team, or even in the league for that matter, after this season.  I'm eager to see him play his first game.

Cristobal Huet a hâte de disputer son premier match à Montréal

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20051206...5128/CPSPORTS01

Originally posted by mathieug
Originally posted by RobRock

Huet stated earlier this year that he didn't expect to be with the team, or even in the league for that matter, after this season.  I'm eager to see him play his first game.

Cristobal Huet a hâte de disputer son premier match à Montréal

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20051206...5128/CPSPORTS01

I'm not French, but I'm kind of alarmed... does that say Huet would hate to play his first game for Montreal?!?

;)

Yes can someone translate this story???

Not with a translator but someone who is bilingual.

My French is not that excellent either and I am getting the same information as Mont Royale does this mean Huet will hate to play for Montreal.