Feb 23 Habs @ Sens 7:00

Prime Minister Koivu

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Bouchard would have to be considered ... don't believe he has enough pro experience to be the choice ... and no NHL coaching experience, let alone HC.

There would be calls in the media for Guy Carbonneau, but IMO that would be stepping backwards.

Not one of my favourite coaches, but Guy Boucher might bring a change in style which could be good ... but he seems to a short shelf-life, so if he was the choice maybe only offer him a short deal (rest of this season and next season).

Hockey30 was pimping for Bob Hartley ... which likely says all that needs to be said about his candidacy ... but he was on Bergevin's short list when Therrien was hired ... but he had a winning record in 9 of his 14 seasons

But an option not often discussed, but that for no particular reason feels right to me, is pascal Vincent; would Winnipeg stand in his way?  Pick him up on the way to the airport?

There is a reason why Carbonneau and Hartley have not have any offers to coach. Boucher is also not the answer. 

special teams sucked - that’s a coaching issue. Let’s see his choices on the shootout.

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

There is a reason why Carbonneau and Hartley have not have any offers to coach. Boucher is also not the answer. 

special teams sucked - that’s a coaching issue. Let’s see his choices on the shootout.

Didn't advocate for either

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

... special teams sucked - that’s a coaching issue. Let’s see his choices on the shootout.

Anyone who doesn't score is a bad choice

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Anyone who doesn't score is a bad choice ;)

That was disappointing 

—-

I liked Drouin’s game and Anderson’s game

A good team effort but Price let in one bad goal too many

still, I liked how they seemed to have more fight in this game 

I normally try to remain objective about reffing, but that was complete robbery. The canadiens clawed back and eon that game in my eyes. That was not goalie interference. If I'm Julien  or bergevin, I publicly denounce the call and pay the fine. Show my team I got their back.

Just now, BCHabnut said:

I normally try to remain objective about reffing, but that was complete robbery. The canadiens clawed back and won that game in my eyes. That was not goalie interference. If I'm Julien  or bergevin, I publicly denounce the call and pay the fine. Show my team I got their back.

Gallagher goal should have counted. Murray overspun from the contact, meanwhile Gallagher had enough time to get dumped in front, take another Sens hip to the face, get up, and get the tip all while Murray decided to do a pirouette for no reason. Thems the breaks, but it shouldn't have come down to that to determine if they win or not. It's the ####ing Senators. 

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Anyone who doesn't score is a bad choice

Ottawa sends three kids out - two of who score and we send an old man a d Drouin who usually passes of when he is alone. At least it wasn’t Byron starting the shoutout.

where is Anderson, Taffoli- our leading scorers? or Suzuki and KK?

I have to admit, I thought that one should have counted.  Murray wasn't on his feet but he had time to make a play on the puck and simply didn't.  Between the defender initiating the contact (albeit briefly) and the time Murray had to get up, I thought that was a good goal (especially since Gallagher had more than enough time to get up, considering he tipped it).  Tough way to lose, even with it not being Montreal's finest game.

I simply do not understand that interference call. It’s as if the NHL has suddenly become super prim with goalies. Huh? But dollars to donuts, when someone runs Price, it’ll go uncalled.

Anyway: the 4th Ottawa goal was inexcusable. I’m frankly sick and tired of waiting for Carey Price to stop letting in back-breaking softies.

A piss-poor outing from a team that appears determined to scrape the bottom of the barrel before it starts playing well again.

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Still think we need a new coach. 

Lucky to get a point

Against Ottawa? More like disappointing to get just a point in two straight games against the worst team in the league.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I simply do not understand that interference call. It’s as if the NHL has suddenly become super prim with goalies. Huh? But dollars to donuts, when someone runs Price, it’ll go uncalled.

Anyway: the 4th Ottawa goal was inexcusable. I’m frankly sick and tired of waiting for Carey Price to stop letting in back-breaking softies.

A piss-poor outing from a team that appears determined to scrape the bottom of the barrel before it starts playing well again.

Don’t worry - I don’t think the NHL understands the interference call either

Jekyl and Hyde game for Price and the Habs' skaters ... when they were good they were very good and when they were bad they were very bad ... only guy who gets no blame is Allen ... although maybe he needed to give Carey an extra "buck up Carey".

Brady LOVES to remind Bergevin that Marc passed him over ... KK has time to still justify his selection, but currently Tkachuk or Quinn Hughes would look really nice in red, white and blue ... 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Brady LOVES to remind Bergevin that Marc passed him over ... KK has time to still justify his selection, but currently Tkachuk or Quinn Hughes would look really nice in red, white and blue ... 

Quinn Hughes, sure. But I have no desire at all to see a prick like  Tkachuk in one of our revered sweaters. Even if he would make us a better team.

Oh well, at least was more entertaining game.

But was some god awful play at times by the Habs.

Anderson 7 shots and came to play,  good to see Drouin put 1 shot on net, still no goals from Danault but 2a at least.

Which Tkachuk kid is better?