Game#19 Habs@Jets Feb 25 2021

DON

One sort of advantage the DD has is that for the next few weeks (except next Tuesday versus Ottawa) they play teams 2 or 3 games in a row ... if he makes the strategic/system tweaks after the first game of each "series" the players can focus on the change rather than adjusting to who the next opponent will be.

Those are the morning skate lines.  Maintenance day for Price and Edmundson.

For anyone wondering where the image in the first post came from, it's from the media notes.  The Habs don't release it publicly but Winnipeg does.  For anyone interested, here's the full set of notes: https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/321767760/binary-file/file.pdf

44 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

For anyone wondering where the image in the first post came from, it's from the media notes.  The Habs don't release it publicly but Winnipeg does.  For anyone interested, here's the full set of notes: https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/321767760/binary-file/file.pdf

Ya, i saw on twitter and thought it was worth posting, seemed good summary of match up, which i hadn't seen before.

26 minutes ago, DON said:

Ya, i saw on twitter and thought it was worth posting, seemed good summary of match up, which i hadn't seen before.

For whatever reason, it does not display at all using Firefox.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Those are the morning skate lines with Edmundson (injury?) not participating.

I don't mind Byron at center that much - especially on the fourth line - but it does seem like a bit of an attempt at a fivehead move over playing a righthanded, defensively-responsible, and natural centerman in Evans. 

12 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I don't mind Byron at center that much - especially on the fourth line - but it does seem like a bit of an attempt at a fivehead move over playing a righthanded, defensively-responsible, and natural centerman in Evans. 

Maybe the new goal is to score!

I had expected there to have been more of a rotation among the players given the condensed schedule. Like Tatar sitting or Lekhs was. 

I feel like Weber should have the night off now and then - everyone really. 

it’s not a benching but a resting. 

maybe the cap crunch made that impossible - but still - it’s something I expected and still think would be prudent. 

43 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

No change.

Chiarot - Weber

Edmundson - Petry

Kulak - Romanov

I hadn’t realized how good Petry & Edmundson’s +/- was compared to the rest of the team.  Maybe increase their minutes or swap Edmundson and Chiarot to close that gap?

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Those are the morning skate lines.  Maintenance day for Price and Edmundson.

With the exception of Byron as the 4th line centre I’m liking these lines.  Is Evans hurt???

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm more interested in the configuration at D

I’d like to see Romanov with Petry.  Wasn’t he supposed to be the long lost LD we’ve needed???   

44 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Maybe they weren’t the problem? 

We will see if they are still slow and running around 

They are still the MAJOR problem, but not THE problem that can easily be addressed without MB picking up a legitimate 1st pairing D to play with Petry (yes, I think Weber is really the 2nd pairing dman now).  In the meantime, I’d like to see Romanov play with eithe Weber or Petry when not lined up against the opposition’s top line.

42 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I hadn’t realized how good Petry & Edmundson’s +/- was compared to the rest of the team.  Maybe increase their minutes or swap Edmundson and Chiarot to close that gap?

With Perry’s production, he is going I have a good +/- rating. Yet that pairing is not what I’d want for my top D pairing. The issue is all our LD are at best 2nd pairing dmen and realistically would be suited to being on he third pairing on a better D core.

8 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

They are still the MAJOR problem, but not THE problem that can easily be addressed without MB picking up a legitimate 1st pairing D to play with Petry (yes, I think Weber is really the 2nd pairing dman now).  In the meantime, I’d like to see Romanov play with eithe Weber or Petry when not lined up against the opposition’s top line.

I think Romanov should be with Weber. 

Romanov gets big minutes and learns from one of the best 

Weber gets his slow ass covered by a guy that never runs out of energy and is eager as hell 

Kulak and Petry were so good together in the playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’d like to see Romanov with Petry.  Wasn’t he supposed to be the long lost LD we’ve needed???   

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I think Romanov should be with Weber ...

Eventually hopefully, but not after 17 games

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I think Romanov should be with Weber. 

Romanov gets big minutes and learns from one of the best 

Weber gets his slow ass covered by a guy that never runs out of energy and is eager as hell 

Kulak and Petry were so good together in the playoffs. 

Romanov isn’t ready for big minutes. I don’t mind him playing with both Petry and Weber - can learn from both. But I don’t want him playing big minutes and playing against top lines. Better to shelter him, h lap him learn and gain some confidence.