Feb. 27, Habs vs Jets, 10 PM

dlbalr

Mark+Scheifele.jpg

https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/16/full/4231_montreal_canadiens-jersey-2000.png https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/3050/full/8130_winnipeg_jets-jersey-2012.png

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Toffoli
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Evans - Perry

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Allen

Dubois - Scheifele - Wheeler
Connor - Stastny - Ehlers
Copp - Lowry - Appleton
Perreault - Thompson - Lewis

Beaulieu - Morrissey
Forbort - Pionk
Niku - DeMelo

Hellebuyck

• Upvote 1

Anderson didn't take the morning skate but still hasn't been ruled out yet.  Yesterday's lines suggest Perry could sit with Evans coming back in so my projected lines take that into account.  Frolik skated on the fourth line yesterday but there is some cap juggling required if they want to get him in if he is indeed replacing Anderson.

Edit: Anderson is now listed as doubtful and the lines have been adjusted accordingly.

13 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I am still annoyed that the defence remains the same. As a matter of fact DD’s use of roster looks just like Julien. 

Gotta disagree there Saku; I kinda like the 4 lines.

The d seem fine for now, for what they have to work with, they just need to defend better.

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Gotta disagree there Saku; I kinda like the 4 lines.

The d seem fine for now, for what they have to work with, they just need to defend better.

I okay if DD wants to see if some tweaks using the same D pairings will fix some issues again it’s only game 2

Im not sure if Weber and Chairot are mobile enough and would love to see them split

The goaltending will be better. I think you’ll see a lot of tinkering with lines if things don’t go well at the start. I’d like to see Evans have a good game maybe put some pressure on Danault who was brutal last game. If he’s not winning face offs I’m not sure what he brings at this point.

4 hours ago, DON said:

I doubt are many Habsfans with much confidence that they will win tonight.

Does that stupid drop pass on the PP ever result in anything positive?

Other teams use it and score ... so I think it is more the players/execution than the drop pass

Good first period

romanov playing well,

lines are not clicking they seem they are covered and need to chip the puck pass their cover

Winnipeg controlled the play for stretches in the Habs zone

33 minutes ago, DON said:

Again, Petry asleep at the wheel for another 2 on 1 for Edmundston to deal with.

If his usual pattern continues, he's a couple of games away from snapping out of it.

A solid first period overall.  They had some consistent jump which wasn't even there for all of the first last game.  That's a good start.