Call up Hainsey/CBJ Claim Him

GoHabs2002

I always thought it was stupid to call Hainsey on the re-entry. I can understand you want you're best available man, but when that means there is a very high chance of him getting claimed....all it ends up doing is costing your best available man for good, $225,000 in cap space and still be at square one and need to call someone else or trade. I'm far from finding these moves very bright.

Not that I think losing Hainsey is huge, just that this is bad management in my mind.

[Edited on 2005/11/29 by Rooster]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do he is young Columbus is a young team that will only get beter

Zherdev, Nash, Vyborny, Hainsey, Denis.

Well lots of other players put on waivers today Thibault Huselius and the Chicago Blackhawks with Mikhail Yakubov.

Originally posted by JMMR

Yes also true Richardson tore the C of his Jersey about a week ago he no longer wants to Captin the worst team in the league maby he also asked for a trade.

Damn, I miss one game and this happens? I watched the Notre Dame game on Saturday instead of the Jackets game. I had no idea he took the C of his sweater.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Doug MacLean doesn't strike me as a flamming genius. Look at all the high picks he'd had over the last 5 years. You'd figure by accident they'd get in the playoffs.

I think the problem is Gerard Gallant. The team has plenty of offensive talent, they should be doing a lot better than they are. Their D is still weak, but with the way their goalies play most of the time, they should have a much better record. Sure, Nash is hurt, but they still have a lot of players who are capable of scoring. They are the underachievers of the NHL.

They've drafted good kids over the last few years too. Nash, Zherdev, LeClaire, Fritsche, Picard, Brule. These guys are going to be good NHLers. The problem is just like the Canadiens though, not much depth on D. Outside of Aaron Johnson (and maybe Ole Tollefsen) they don't have any young talent on D.

[Edited on 11-29-05 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

They've drafted good kids over the last few years too.  Nash, Zherdev, LeClaire, Fritsche, Picard, Brule.  These guys are going to be good NHLers.  The problem is just like the Canadiens though, not much depth on D.  Outside of Aaron Johnson (and maybe Ole Tollefsen) they don't have any young talent on D.

Rusty Klesla.

Come on, Delmore couldn't even make the Jackets!

Still, he's better than anything we have down in the minors.

Originally posted by casseau

Rusty Klesla.

I forgot about him since he's hurt. He finally seemed to be setling into a decent player in the few games he played this season.

What's the source for Cote's call up, as I haven't seen anything to confirm that yet.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Cote was also recalled. Nice to see Benoit keeps getting looked over.

Originally posted by casseau

T Bo went on waivers?? Holy crap!!! Who do the hell do the Pens think is going to man the pipes this year, Fleury?? They're going to ruin that kid. Mario needs to give his head a shake.

[Edited on 2005/11/29 by casseau]

Why? Fleury has been doing well in the AHL, and decent in his few games in the NHL this year. The only reason he's not a full time NHL-er already is because Pittsburgh didn't want to spend the money.