Kristian Huselius on waivers?

ch_nl

Is this true?

Huselius could be the new Marcus Näslund. He has not been able to get his game together is Florida but he is talented enough to be a huge star.

The team claiming him could do the claim of their life. I almost hope it's Montreal.

I hope he sucks with his new team as much as he sucked in Florida.

Why you ask?

I traded him yesterday in my fantasy league because he hasn't done much all year and was benched by Florida. If I had known they'd have him, I've have held on a bit longer.

Originally posted by ch_nl

Is this true?

Huselius could be the new Marcus Näslund. He has not been able to get his game together is Florida but he is talented enough to be a huge star.

The team claiming him could do the claim of their life. I almost hope it's Montreal.

Pretty lofty comparison... he wouldn't happen to be Swedish, would he? :)

Yeah, I couldn't believe he was on waivers! I didn't know he was struggling this season but he's definitely got talent. We have enough forwards though so he wouldn't get much icetime.

Maybe Pittsburgh might claim him. Or Pheonix. Someone with nothing to lose.

It would be huge to pick him up!

I pondered over it since noon when it came out that he was on waivers. I just would like to know his attributes? Speed, shot, passing, tendancies (more of a shooter than passer, vice versa)

It would be a great addition until Kovy comes back in 3-4 weeks. Those 10-12 games might make a difference come April, so why not add talent when you can. That will give Montreal 4 solid wingers for the top two lines, make an official kids line for the fourth and we'd be set.

And put Bonk on the trading block, for a cheaper, similar player (Sillinger in St. Louis perhaps).

Zednik Koivu Kovelov

Huselius Ribeiro Ryder

Bulis Plekanek Sundstrom

Higgins Begin Perezhogin

Dags Bonk

Rivet Markov

Bouillon Komisarek

Souray Dandenault

Streit

What Columbus needs is a new coach. They have enough good players to be in contention for a low playoff spot. They simply are not getting production from these players. I blame this on the coach. He constantly changes lines, even in the middle of games. How does he expect his team to gain any consistency if they have different lines every night?

That being said, Huselius might be a good addition to the team. A 2nd line of Huselius-Brule-Fritsche sounds good to me. Plus, the team never has the same players for too long, so I wouldn't be suprised at all to see him in a Jackets jersey.

However, since they picked up Hainsey, do they now get placed on the bottom of the priority list?

Originally posted by CoRvInA

Yo Dude your last statement rings a bell  (Deja Vu?)

Julien switches more than a Traffic light on a pedestrian crossing!

If only! There is predictability and reliability (based on an underlying tought out in advance plan) with traffic lights. Pedestrians trust the light. The light has a plan. It knows where it's going.

ok sorry about that, cheap low blow. my jury is still out on Julien too.

Someone asked earlier in the thread about the comparison on Huselius and Näslund...

Marcus Näslund was the big name in Sweden during the early 90's. Peter Forsberg was second. Näslund was the big goal scorer and the one that lead the Swedish junior team. Penguins drafted him 16th overall. But he never got his game together and Vancouver offered Alek Stojanov (!) and the deal was set.

Kristian Huselius's status is Sweden is pretty close to Näslund's. Difference is: Markus Näslund is a top scorer in the NHL and has never been suspended from the national team.

A change of scenery could make Huselius blossom into the player he is.

Huselius is a great playmaker with the same kind of vision that Kent "Kenta" Nilsson had. Can score goals and has the abilty to avoid checks just like Niclas Lidström. (Has anyone seen Lidström pounded?)

He is soft and sometimes tries to pass the puck to set up a team mate for an open net shot. But he's still young and has work ethic.

Grab him now!

Originally posted by ch_nl

Is this true?

Comparing Huselius to Naslund?

I thought you were on crack, but then I saw the Swedebn flag under your avatar and it all made sense!

:P

I agree Habs 1197. And what's with this knocking of Gerard Gallant? A coach changing lines... who woulda thunk it?? That's what they get paid to do: find the winning combination. Sometimes when the team is struggling because their best, or second-best player is missing, the coach juggles the lines more to try to find who will step up or to give the team a lift.

Give Gallant a break. If they had Nash the CBJ would be winning a lot more. And if AK hadn't been hurt CJ would be winning more and not juggling the lines so much either

Huselius needs a change of scenery. I knwo that will get him going.. now i know that he has just cleared waivers and is back with the Panthers but there is a way we could get him. Think of Kovalev. he hardly scored with the Rangers but then he comes to Montreal and is arguably our best player! I'd give Kristian a shot!!

Said it once and I'll say it again cant screw around with taking average forwards when we need to adquire a DMan!

how are we by the way in terms of cap room?