Whatever Happened To Guillaume Latendresse?

blaze53

Originally posted by JMMR

Right now he is at home watching Sportscentre and just saw the OT killer by buffalo and begun to laugh at Julien and Gainey for not keeping him with the Big Boys all year.

If Julien is only going to play his rookies for a couple of shifts a game, I'm glad Guillaume is back in junior.

• 2 months later...
I wonder what Latendresse is doing right now, anyone know?

Mr Latendresse scored his first hattrick of the season last night, against the Gatineau Olympiques, in a 4-2 Drummondville win. Latendresse has 54 points in 37 games (27G-27A-79PIM). He has 8 points (4G-4A-12PIM) in his last 3 games.

I saw him last month in Cape Breton against the Screaming Eagles. His team was in town to play their third game in about a 60 hour period. In spite of this brutal schedule he still displayed some of the talents we saw in the NHL preseason. In the first period he drove the net three times for a trio of really good scoring chances - showed a real nose for the net as they say. Over the course of the game the schedule caught up to him, but he still managed a few more chances even though he and his entire team were obviously tired. I was impressed by his willingness to drive the net. He also tried his darndest to get into a fight on several occassions. To sum up, he looked very good.

He also tried his darndest to get into a fight on several occassions. To sum up, he looked very good.

Last night, after taking a hit, he dropped his gloves. Rookie Brad Tesink (6'3"/203 lbs/D) had no chance.

I saw a voltigeurs game last week and he was demoted form the first line because of his poor playing...

but now he has 7 points in two games.

thats the kind of player we can expect in the NHL.

I saw a voltigeurs game last week and he was demoted form the first line because of his poor playing...

but now he has 7 points in two games.

thats the kind of player we can expect in the NHL.

Yep. He's playing on a line with Alexandre Demers and Kéven Gagné since a couple of games and is looking really good.

"A chaque fois qu'un de mes joueurs connaît une mauvaise séquence, je le fais jouer avec Gagné. Ca marche tout les temps, parce que les joueurs s'inspirent de son éthique de travail. Sa passion rayonne sur les autres."

- Dominic Ricard, Head coach Drummondville Voltigeurs

he's just been named player of the week with 6g 3p 9 pts +8 in 3 games

just can't wait to see how he'll do in the playoffs