Canadiens vs Jets 9:00pm Mar 17 2021

Trizzak

OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before.

prpb3hl46qq21.jpg

Last game of the road trip. Let's see if the Habs can end it strong, or if they're already thinking about going home to poutine and... not turning right at red lights... 

That's the best I can do for notable things about Montreal at 4:15am, ok?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Richer was a beast! My favourite player in late 8Os, besides Patty Roy of course.

A overtime loss would go a long ways  here also. But yes a win would be nice 

Richer also reminds me of the madness of French media. I believe he had just scored 50 and was doing an interview with “insert random tv personality here”.

The interviewer - to the face of a 50 goal scorer - said the equivalent of “You play the game without heart.”

Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

Richer also reminds me of the madness of French media. I believe he had just scored 50 and was doing an interview with “insert random tv personality here”.

The interviewer - to the face of a 50 goal scorer - said the equivalent of “You play the game without heart.”

Unbelievable.

"Without heart" is cruel ... but Richer's game was mercurial ... 

42 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

"Without heart" is cruel ... but Richer's game was mercurial ... 

I just remember the constant “Stephanie” Richer monikers.

1 hour ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Richer was a beast! My favourite player in late 8Os, besides Patty Roy of course.

Same.  We've waited a very long time for a Hab to score 40 (Damphouse in 93/94), let alone 50 (Richer in 89/90).

5 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

He is likely 1 of all our favourite Habs from the mid to late 80's.

It's too bad that he suffered from severe depression throughout his entire career and beyond. 

It's wild that Toffoli is on pace for 50.  I was wondering what pace he was on the other day when he got his 17th but I didn't bother figuring it out.

Until the second goal I had been impressed with how the Habs had fought to regain some rhythm ... hopefully the Habs live up to their reputation this season of having good second periods.

Not happy with Toffoli's choice to throw the puck back in the defensive zone when he had a chance to clear.  Seconds later, it was 2-0 Winnipeg.  You have the puck on your stick and the third pairing on the ice, make the smart play and get it out of there.

• Like 3

Just now, Neech said:

Soft clearing pass by Romanov turns the puck over, then Ouellet bowls Price over.

I hope we see Mete or Fleury next game, win or lose.  And maybe just put him with Weber and Edmundson with Romanov?

IMO Price wasn't getting anywhere near that puck anyway ... Gallagher loses Romanov's soft pass and then BG left Connor all alone so he could walk down to the side of the net and pick up the loose puck for an easy goal

9 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yeah our D looks like crap and Jets are outplaying us. I’ve seen this show before I think I’ll PVR the rest. 

Gotta have faith in Trizzak's GDT!