Senators Shutdown By Boston Bruins How?

blaze53

Is it just me or was I right when I said that the Sens would run out of gas sooner or later. Im really lost at how the Boston Bruins broke a 6 game losing streak against the Senators and also shut them out. What happened to the #1 Ottawa Senators the most dominating team this season?

:P Why couldnt this happen sooner

[Edited on 2005/12/2 by blaze53]

It's simple, i watched part of the game, they were very inspired and last night anyway they had alot more speed in their line up. The new players all played very well. Boston also has the size to play with Sens. This will be a good deal for the Bruins, which means bad news for the habs.

It's amazing what playing your heart out can do. Teams often play incredible immediately after a big trade cause the players have been shaken to the core. Same people, just more heart. Incredible.

Yes, i really think this is what the habs need. A shake up with a few core players. Let's face it, they haven't done much over the years. Only Theo's play in the past got them into the playoffs and onto the 2nd round. Don't get me wrong i do like some of them i just think we need to improve some players.

Originally posted by blaze53

What happened to the #1 Ottawa Senators the most dominating team this season?

They lost one game. It happens.

[Edited on 2005/12/2 by option+]

What sucks for Heatley is that his point streak was snapped at 22 just ONE GAME before Gretzky's record of 23.:o

Hopefully the Sens lose some confidence. I doubt this'll stop them. It's one game. What ever happened to the steaming habs when they lost 5-1 to Washington? You can say it to a lot of teams. I hope Boston doesn't wake up now.

1-0 Ottawa over LA early in the first. It shouldn't have been a goal though. It was on the PP and the penalty went to Norstrom a few seconds after he questionably tripped Alfredsson. Furthermore, Alfredsson was offside so the play should have been stopped before that.

Mike Fisher fought against Sean Avery. Hard to say who won that one.

Don't count LA out yet. They might have had a slight edge before the PP.

EDIT: 5-1 final. Sens win. Avery got a game misconduct along with a handful of other players. Avery even punched Hasek in the face.

[Edited on 2005/12/3 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Originally posted by Rooster

It's amazing what playing your heart out can do.  Teams often play incredible immediately after a big trade cause the players have been shaken to the core.  Same people, just more heart.  Incredible.

True enough but, in the longer run, will they all go back to their usual habits? I know of some people who do once the 'crunch' is over.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

What sucks for Heatley is that his point streak was snapped at 22 just ONE GAME before Gretzky's record of 23.:o

Do you mean Gretz's assist streak? That one is 23 games, his point streak is 51 games.

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by Rooster

It's amazing what playing your heart out can do. Teams often play incredible immediately after a big trade cause the players have been shaken to the core. Same people, just more heart. Incredible.

True enough but, in the longer run, will they all go back to their usual habits? I know of some people who do once the 'crunch' is over.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I agree. That is why I said "immediately". Makes it even more apparent (only there while the emotion is there). An average team playing with heart and all out determination can do wonders.

Would the Bruins have shutout the Sens prior to the trade? Probably not. Did the trade make them so much better? Probably not. They just played their hearts out and that was enough to blank the Sens.

Originally posted by Peter Puck
Originally posted by jetsniper

People actually keep track of stuff like that?

o_O

You mean you don't?

How can you call yourself a knowledgeable hockey fan?

;)

Yeah, I guess I'm kind of lacking. I should start brushing up then...anyone know the record for most goals scored in a western city after eating 6 pancakes during a full moon on a tuesday?

:lol: