RESCHEDULED (Mar. 30), Oilers vs Canadiens, 19h00 EDT

alfredoh2009

25 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Oh crap 

Just saw it, I'll fix the line up once I find out what the new one is at the start of the game.

2 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

I just want to throw out something humorous that us Edmonton based Habs fans will understand a little more.

There’s a common belief by the Edmonton sports media that McDavid and Draisatl play on 2 different lines.  The game lineups don’t reflect that above, but the media here in Edmonton believe it.  All of the Oilers fans here that I talk to believe it as well.  Yet you go back to 75% of each of their points, and the other guy is assisting or scoring on that point, but when you point that out, they look at you weird and spew that same line again.

When I checked the Daily Faceoff site, it had them on different lines, but at around noon I saw a tweet on the Oilers feed saying they would be together. I saw it on another site too.

I'll update it when they start the game

28 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Crap is right. I think we just lost two points.  

💪 💪 💪

🤞 Don't under estimate the power of the Mr. Potato head winning streak 🤞

💪 💪 💪

Joking aside, I hope Price stands on his head

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Just saw it, I'll fix the line up once I find out what the new one is at the start of the game.

When I checked the Daily Faceoff site, it had them on different lines, but at around noon I saw a tweet on the Oilers feed saying they would be together. I saw it on another site too.

I'll update it when they start the game

They usually start on different lines and by the end of the 1st almost any game, they play on the same line for the rest of the game.  The point of the story is oilers fans and media don’t believe they play on the same line:

Just now, TurdBurglar said:

They usually start on different lines and by the end of the 1st almost any game, they play on the same line for the rest of the game.  The point of the story is oilers fans and media don’t believe they play on the same line:

is it the same even if they are not trailing the other team?

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

The winning streak lives another day

... and I hope that Armia, Kotkaniemi and their entourage are clear of COVID without any health consequenses

I’d be glad for it to be postponed - losing KK, Armia and Toff is too much! That said - if the shoe was on the other foot, I’d be upset if it were postponed - I mean - isn’t this exactly what the taxi squad is for? To allow a team to ice a full team?

10 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

I’d be glad for it to be postponed - losing KK, Armia and Toff is too much! That said - if the shoe was on the other foot, I’d be upset if it were postponed - I mean - isn’t this exactly what the taxi squad is for? To allow a team to ice a full team?

Yes the taxi squad is to allow a team to ice a full team. 

But if Armia and KK had contact with other Habs, there may be other habs who have COVID and won't show up as positive tests for 2 days (but could still spread it in the meantime)

The NHL allowed the Sabres and Devils to play a game earlier this year under similar conditions.  After the game like 20 players and all 4 on ice officials would test positive in the next week. 

So this is why you cancel a game with multiple positives just hours before, to give yourself time to determine the extent of the spread and prevent more spread. 

20 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Agreed, already missing Toffoli, I am just fine with a postponement.

• alfredoh2009 changed the title to POSTPONED (Mar. 22), Oilers vs Canadiens, 19h00 EDT
25 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

As a bright side to this, it gives DD some time to work with the rest of the team.  Hopefully we will see a better team come out of this.

Unlikely he'll have much time to work with them.  Since the Habs are the source of the outbreak, they will likely be quarantined until they can clear them. 

1 hour ago, revvvrob said:

Yes, it is to help deal with a small number of players being in COVID protocol. With positive tests this close to a game, however, it's not just about the Hand being able to field a team. They have to make sure that they are truly the only players affected. As Commandant mentioned, the NHL completely bungled the situation when multiple Devil's players tested positive and they did not postpone the game, which resulted in a big outbreak in both teams. 

They seemed to have learned their lesson when Thomas Hertl tested positive for the Sharks. They postponed a game, but allowed them to play two days later after getting back all negative tests the next two days. I would expect something similar here, unless Canada's more strict COVID rules affect how the league handles it.

17 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

💪 💪 💪

🤞 Don't under estimate the power of the Mr. Potato head winning streak 🤞

💪 💪 💪

Mr potatoe head has been canceled.  Tread lightly or feel the ire of social justice.

30 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Mr potatoe head has been canceled.  Tread lightly or feel the ire of social justice.

LOL

Ha Ha Ha

LOL

Mashed Potato Thanksgiving Sticker by Sierra DeVuyst for iOS & Android |  GIPHY

7 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Dreger reporting that this game could happen tonight if all contact tracing is done early enough.

i would imagine it’s more in depth than just tracing.  

It's prevalence testing. Which probably means everyone or nearly everyone in CH operations.

• alfredoh2009 changed the title to RESCHEDULED (Mar. 30), Oilers vs Canadiens, 19h00 EDT