RESCHEDULED (Mar. 30), Oilers vs Canadiens, 19h00 EDT

alfredoh2009

At the beginning of Caufield Zoom call the host advised that today's Covid test results are expected by 4:00 PM and if all goes well practice will be at 6:00 PM

21 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

At the beginning of Caufield Zoom call the host advised that today's Covid test results are expected by 4:00 PM and if all goes well practice will be at 6:00 PM

thanks, I’ll update the game thread then

• alfredoh2009 changed the title to RESCHEDULED (Mar. 30), Oilers vs Canadiens, 19h00 EDT

Let's hope the Habs and Oilers get the gree light and that we can resume the winning streak. Toffoli was DTD and I expect him to return to the lineup.

It will be interesting to see which of Kotkaniemi or Armia is back with the team today at practice. If Kotkaniemi is still missing, the Habs will need to call someon eup from Laval to play center.

18 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Let's hope the Habs and Oilers get the gree light and that we can resume the winning streak. Toffoli was DTD and I expect him to return to the lineup.

It will be interesting to see which of Kotkaniemi or Armia is back with the team today at practice. If Kotkaniemi is still missing, the Habs will need to call someon eup from Laval to play center.

The thing with Toffoli is that it will only be one practice since he went out ... he may be a game time (or at least tomorrow) decision just to ensure he is ready to safely play

59 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I'd be surprised if either of them are there.  Just because the team will be cleared to practice doesn't mean that Armia or Kotkaniemi will; they may both have to go through the full two weeks.  There's a good chance that Dauphin and Frolik - who were going to play this game before the postponement - wind up being cap-exempt COVID recalls (that is a thing this year) or are LTIR-related recalls for Chiarot if the league forces them to go that way instead of the cap-exempt route and wind up playing tomorrow anyway.

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'd be surprised if either of them are there.  Just because the team will be cleared to practice doesn't mean that Armia or Kotkaniemi will; they may both have to go through the full two weeks.  There's a good chance that Dauphin and Frolik - who were going to play this game before the postponement - wind up being cap-exempt COVID recalls (that is a thing this year) or are LTIR-related recalls for Chiarot if the league forces them to go that way instead of the cap-exempt route and wind up playing tomorrow anyway.

If the league forces them to go the LTIR-related Chiarot route, does that lock the Habs into his LTIR until he returns?

If yes, then does that not create some additional cap space for whatever the habs calculate would be saved until Chiarot will return.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

If the league forces them to go the LTIR-related Chiarot route, does that lock the Habs into his LTIR until he returns?

If yes, then does that not create some additional cap space for whatever the habs calculate would be saved until Chiarot will return.

He'd stay on LTIR until cleared to return but the Habs would probably still shuffle guys back and forth to keep trying to accrue some space by dipping under the revised ACSL when they can.  They really won't get additional savings from LTIR'ing him, otherwise they'd have done so already.  Yes, they'd get a short-term boost in what they could spend but knowing Chiarot will be back before the end of the season, they can't really spend that money.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

He'd stay on LTIR until cleared to return but the Habs would probably still shuffle guys back and forth to keep trying to accrue some space by dipping under the revised ACSL when they can.  They really won't get additional savings from LTIR'ing him, otherwise they'd have done so already.  Yes, they'd get a short-term boost in what they could spend but knowing Chiarot will be back before the end of the season, they can't really spend that money.

Yeah ... the post was impulsive ... didn't think it through

EDIT/SUPPLEMENTAL: It always bugs me that for a player coming of LTIR the team has to re-absorb the cap-hit for the games the player was unavailable ... now with the cap ceiling presumed flat for the foreseeable future it would make even more sense (IMO) to modify the rules to allow a bit more flexibility ... of course it would require more oversight by the NHL to minimize abuse ... regular physician reports for league medical officials to review

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Rocket will start running low on centres soon, with both Vejdemo and Mysak injured, too.

37 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think Luchini and Blandisi are listed as centres , Hawel too

It's true, they have a lot of forwards marked as "C". However, their fit/skill set at centre isn't always great, and many of them are destined to be wingers in the AHL and (if they ever make it to) NHL.

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think Byron might be used as a centre.  Its already happened this season. 

Byron is on the taxi squad ... not certain whether the cap works to bring him back

19 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Habs test results are all clear.

We'll have a game tomorrow :)

Trade watch!!! Will Lehks remain???

22 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Not that it is ever nice to hear (figure out) someone is sick ... but for the habs roster this is good news ... hope all goes well fro Joel

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Byron is on the taxi squad ... not certain whether the cap works to bring him back

COVID callup if needed 

or 

Chiarot LTIR

Hes the perfect guy to call up and then be able to send back down after (and be on taxi squad when its time to reactivate Chiarot)

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

COVID callup if needed 

or 

Chiarot LTIR

I'm not sure Byron qualifies for the COVID emergency recall.  I think that has the same limitations as the roster emergency exemption one where the cap hit at or below $1M.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not sure Byron qualifies for the COVID emergency recall.  I think that has the same limitations as the roster emergency exemption one where the cap hit at or below $1M.

shouldnt it be easy though to call him up and send him back with Chiarot LTIR