Cole Caufield signs

Trizzak

Great news ... wonder if CC is already on a jet from Madison to jumpstart the quarantine?

Wonder how the cap will be manipulated to fit CC on the roster ... Byron is already on the taxi squad ... demoting Evans is the easy move to fit CC under the cap (unless he goes to AHL initially) ... but that still leaves 14 forwards counting against the cap, with some of Byron's hit offset while on the taxi squad ... but I just can't see Byron being left on the taxi squad (not that ** I ** feel he must be in the lineup) ... it feels like there is another shoe(s) to drop

This is fantastic news after a week where Harris decided against signing and losing games to the positive Covid cases!  I hope he is a difference maker sooner rather than later. At the same time, I hope we don’t rush him, or put too much pressure on him.  Lets give him time to develop at his pace.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Great news ... wonder if CC is already on a jet from Madison to jumpstart the quarantine?

Wonder how the cap will be manipulated to fit CC on the roster ... Byron is already on the taxi squad ... demoting Evans is the easy move to fit CC under the cap (unless he goes to AHL initially) ... but that still leaves 14 forwards counting against the cap, with some of Byron's hit offset while on the taxi squad ... but I just can't see Byron being left on the taxi squad (not that ** I ** feel he must be in the lineup) ... it feels like there is another shoe(s) to drop

So not sure anymore how the taxi squad works, if Biron's salary does not count on the cap while on the taxi squad we can keep him there then until the play-offs right?. Would we be able to use him during the play-offs without affecting the cap? Does it no longer count during the play-offs? 

23 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

That’s the right move to make!  Just need to ensure he gets protected from the AHL goon types that target high draft picks.

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That’s the right move to make!  Just need to ensure he gets protected from the AHL goon types that target high draft picks.

I’m sure that Bouchard will have Braddock TCB

11 hours ago, Neech said:

Watch out Ovi, Cole's coming for the sniper crown!

O/U for Caufield's 700th NHL goal?  I'll guess his 12th season.

It may be a bit early for that, but I do love the optimism! 😀

11 hours ago, Habs44 said:

So not sure anymore how the taxi squad works, if Biron's salary does not count on the cap while on the taxi squad we can keep him there then until the play-offs right?. Would we be able to use him during the play-offs without affecting the cap? Does it no longer count during the play-offs? 

The taxi squad works like an AHL assignment.  When Byron is on the taxi squad, only $1.075M of his cap hit comes off, the rest stays on no matter what.

In the playoffs, the salary cap is not in effect so yes, they could in theory keep him on the taxi squad for the rest of the season and then have him up in the playoffs.

10:00 Zoom with Caufield ... TSN690 has said they will covering

Montreal 690 Live Stream - TSN.ca

On Habs Twitter: https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1376534389098708992?s=20