Where are they now? News on past Habs prospects and players

alfredoh2009

49 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

That franchise is a tire fire.  How Lefebve has a job should be a new Caramilk mystery commercial.

On 7/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

For me, it's less that they let Markov walk than that they seemed to have absolutely no strategy for replacing him. 

Yes, that seemed to worst part of that for sure. Guess Bergy maybe convinced himself Markov would eventually resign and guessed wrong?

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That franchise is a tire fire.  How Lefebve has a job should be a new Caramilk mystery commercial.

AHAHAHAHAHA way to go, Columbus 😄

I take this as just more proof that the NHL is some sort of old boy's network rather than an actual meritocracy. We saw that slubberdegullion Therrien get hired by PITS even as the excellent Alain Vigneault toiled for years in the minors...or Torts get hired soon after a complete debacle in Van (although he did a good job for a while in Columbus, admittedly). For this clown Lefevbre to get hired despite five years of unmitigated incompetence at the AHL level is a disgrace.

37 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Bad summer to have the last name Weber. Though he carved out a nice role as a 6-7 guy for 13 years, he played only 2 games with Pittsburgh last season.

His career is weirdly impressive...he could have dropped out of the league so easily at any give  moment, yet somehow did not. He's like a role model for Brent Kulak

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

His career is weirdly impressive...he could have dropped out of the league so easily at any give  moment, yet somehow did not. He's like a role model for Brent Kulak

Kulak has more impressing Advance Metrics

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If could of merged Weber's shot to Mete's skating, may have a good d-man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DON said:

If could of merged Weber's shot to Mete's skating, may have a good d-man.

And there is no cap on spending for a scientific research program to accomplish that.

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

And there is no cap on spending for a scientific research program to accomplish that.

Some old-school German or Chinese Olympic doctors, they could probably make it happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Will Bitten is still playing, just re-signed with the Wild. Always happy to see an Ottawa kid doing well, his mom was a badminton coach to one of my daughters the year Will was drafted :)

and since I do not see this posted on this thread, Mete signed a one-year deal with OTT:

Former Hab Tony Esposito just passed away.

I always found it kind of incredible that the Habs’ system produced Ken Dryden, Tony Esposito, and Rogie Vachon all in the same handful of years. The former two were at the absolute pinnacle of the position for a decade and Vachon was a legit #1 himself. Talk about an embarrassment of riches…

Anyway - sympathies to the Esposito clan, a great hockey family.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Sylvain Lefebvre fired as Columbus assistant coach for refusing to be vaccinated.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sylvain-lefebvre-fired-blue-jackets-vaccine-1.6173870

And, no we should not hire him.

I can’t believe he actually got another job. Seems to have coincided to when Columbus started to suck again - yes, I know they lost a lot of good players as well😇

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I can’t believe he actually got another job. Seems to have coincided to when Columbus started to suck again - yes, I know they lost a lot of good players as well😇

He never got to coach a game ... he was hired this past June

44 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

He didn't coach under Torts... He was just hired by Larsen this offseason. He never actually got behind the bench in Columbus. Was not enthused about the hire and am not the least bit upset about him being gone, but the fact he was hired at all says a lot about Brad Larsen. Jackets gonna suck.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Chucky gets signed... by ARZ

Guess GM John Chayka liked what he saw the first time around ... or ... part of his Pain for Shane plan?

39 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Guess GM John Chayka liked what he saw the first time around ... or ... part of his Pain for Shane plan?

Chayka isn't their GM anymore after that whole fiasco that saw him try to escape his contract to take on a higher role with another organization.

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Chayka isn't their GM anymore after that whole fiasco that saw him try to escape his contract to take on a higher role with another organization.

Thanks ... forgot that (and the website Google provided wasn't updated) ... but perhaps still part of a Pain for Shane plan

21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I was hoping the Habs would sign him since he already has chemistry with Suzuki and Caufield.

LOL ! good one 🤣

Juulsen going back closer to home

• tomh009 changed the title to Where are they now? News on past Habs prospects and playershttps://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?/topic/47278-where-are-they-now-news-on-past-habs-prospects-and-players/&do=getNewComment
  • tomh009 changed the title to Where are they now? News on past Habs prospects and players