Where are they now? News on past Habs prospects and players

alfredoh2009

1 hour ago, PMAC said:

Aggravated that Fla was able to get an asset for Juulson

Players' values go up after they clear waivers.  We've seen that plenty of times.  Besides, he was the throw-in, not the centrepiece of the trade.

35 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Players' values go up after they clear waivers.  We've seen that plenty of times.  Besides, he was the throw-in, not the centrepiece of the trade.

Yes, I know. But still….

6 minutes ago, PMAC said:

Yes, I know. But still….

The deal was for Lammikko, a 4C that they needed with some of the injuries they have up front.  But since Juolevi isn't going to Abbotsford like they hoped, they asked for Juulsen - who had slipped to 9th or 10th on the depth chart - as a throw-in to give them a warm body down there.  I wouldn't get too upset about it, especially since Juolevi isn't much of an asset at this point anyways.

Happy for Patches

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Happy for Patches

Hmm, interesting.  He must have score against Vegas in their 1st season. 

There would be numerous great players that would be excluded from being on that list.  ex:  OV, Crosby, Getzlaff, etc.   If player only plays for 1 team they are not credited with a goal if they score on their own team.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

There would be numerous great players that would be excluded from being on that list.  ex:  OV, Crosby, Getzlaff, etc.   If player only plays for 1 team they are not credited with a goal if they score on their own team.  

I recall that there were fewer than 32 teams when Richard was playing, too, so he would also be excluded. Along with everyone else who is not active this season.

Still, it's a cute stat. Now, how about which players have scored goals against the largest number of defunct teams (or franchises)? I have no answer here, and I don't know where to find it.

19 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I recall that there were fewer than 32 teams when Richard was playing, too, so he would also be excluded. Along with everyone else who is not active this season.

Still, it's a cute stat. Now, how about which players have scored goals against the largest number of defunct teams (or franchises)? I have no answer here, and I don't know where to find it.

Thats a good point.

It's definitely a meaningless record.  In a similar way it sort of reminds me of Latendresse's 2 records.  i.e.  1) he was the 1st player to use the number 84.  2)  #84 was the last # from 1-99 to be used. 

It would be interesting to see that list of who the 35 guys are that had scored on every team before the Kracken existed.  There would probably be several players on it that would be unexpected, players like Danault.  ex:  a player that averages 10 g/yr that has played 6 seasons on teams in both conferences and would have 60 career goals.  Nobody would consider a player like that to be big goal scorer by any means but they could potentially be on that list. 

On 10/10/2021 at 6:22 PM, dlbalr said:
On 10/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, PMAC said:

Aggravated that Fla was able to get an asset for Juulson

I wouldnt be too upset about it, besides Fla probably inspired MB by doing that.  i.e. I doubt that Flor will get him back off waivers.  Montembeault will probably end up being a throw in included in a trade or MB manages to get a 7th rnd pick for him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looked up a couple former Habs to see how they’re doing.

Aside from a goal in first game of season Danault has no other points, is a minus player, and his ice time has dropped significantly from 19/20 min to 15 min/game and has occurred with a steady, yet consistent downward trend. He averages less than a shot per game and zero hits/blocks.

KK is still hovering around 12 min/game and while listed as playing top 6 and PP his ice time does not support that, he is getting bottom six minutes while his “line mates” play 17-20 min/game and they do not penalty kill as is same for him.

Obv he is not playing centre as well.

Gotta wonder if both of them may end up regretting the decision to forego their respectively secure, promising positions with the Habs.

I see why KK took the dough that was offered, but given what Danualt ended up signing for I kind of think there could have been a compromise to be found to keep him around.  He won’t be staying in top 6 in LA for long, will be in same boat as Mtl where younger players surpass him.

Didn’t think I’d miss him this much haha.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Looked up a couple former Habs to see how they’re doing.

Aside from a goal in first game of season Danault has no other points, is a minus player, and his ice time has dropped significantly from 19/20 min to 15 min/game and has occurred with a steady, yet consistent downward trend. He averages less than a shot per game and zero hits/blocks.

KK is still hovering around 12 min/game and while listed as playing top 6 and PP his ice time does not support that, he is getting bottom six minutes while his “line mates” play 17-20 min/game and they do not penalty kill as is same for him.

Obv he is not playing centre as well.

Gotta wonder if both of them may end up regretting the decision to forego their respectively secure, promising positions with the Habs.

I see why KK took the dough that was offered, but given what Danualt ended up signing for I kind of think there could have been a compromise to be found to keep him around.  He won’t be staying in top 6 in LA for long, will be in same boat as Mtl where younger players surpass him.

Didn’t think I’d miss him this much haha.

I hope KK sucks arse for the rest of his career.

As for Danault, his offensive production was already on the wane. I'm sure he will find his game as an effective checking C, but if last year's disastrous regular season is any indication, he doesn't deal with uncertainty or instability well. Maybe he just needs to adapt. But I doubt that there was a "compromise" to be had. He wanted a big payday. Wisely, the GM declined to pay a guy who produced at a 32-point pace $5.5 for another 6 years. The unfortunate thing is that we didn't have anyone ready to step up and replace him in eating those hard minutes. The hope that KK would do it was both highly optimistic, and ruined by Carolina's offer sheet.

• Upvote 1

Happy Birthday Pleks

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2021 at 6:42 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I hope KK sucks arse for the rest of his career.

As for Danault, his offensive production was already on the wane. I'm sure he will find his game as an effective checking C, but if last year's disastrous regular season is any indication, he doesn't deal with uncertainty or instability well. Maybe he just needs to adapt. But I doubt that there was a "compromise" to be had. He wanted a big payday. Wisely, the GM declined to pay a guy who produced at a 32-point pace $5.5 for another 6 years. The unfortunate thing is that we didn't have anyone ready to step up and replace him in eating those hard minutes. The hope that KK would do it was both highly optimistic, and ruined by Carolina's offer sheet.

Good point, Danault did get paid a premium.  
Apparently winning over half of your face offs can get you an extra 2-3 mill/year haha.  
He seems to be trending upwards with Kings again now. Looks like he will get his 30 points and enjoy the beach. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

The problem is that he forgot he was lucky to get a contract in the first place.  It's not like a bunch of teams wanted him, that's why the Habs got him for the minimum right before camp.  He also cleared waivers before sitting so everyone else had a shot at him then as well.  Neither of those are Montreal's fault and neither of those came before he basically sat for all of last year.  He was already on the fringes of the league before that happened.

I found his comments funny. I mean, he was on a team that came within three games of the Cup. What’s he trying to say - that they would have gone further if only they’d dressed him? LOL. 

If one of the Habs scrubs from last season has a reasonable grievance, it might be Tatar - not that he would have helped much either.

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I found his comments funny. I mean, he was on a team that came within three games of the Cup. What’s he trying to say - that they would have gone further if only they’d dressed him? LOL. 

If one of the Habs scrubs from last season has a reasonable grievance, it might be Tatar - not that he would have helped much either.

Yeah. I didn’t see the point of signing Frolik. He was clearly washed up. Also think that Tatar is the guy that it would have made sense to roll the dice on, even though he was pretty sucky as well.

23 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Yeah. I didn’t see the point of signing Frolik. He was clearly washed up. Also think that Tatar is the guy that it would have made sense to roll the dice on, even though he was pretty sucky as well.

Tatar…3 points in 9 games in Jersey. Looks as though the Habs assessed him correctly as a has-been.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Tatar…3 points in 9 games in Jersey. Looks as though the Habs assessed him correctly as a has-been.

Not that you aren’t correct, but how sad is it that he’d be tied for 9th in scoring on Habs this year with as many point as Evans, Lehks, and Armia combined (62/40 each have 13 gp, 71 has 10).  They each have 1 point…! What’s that like a 6 point pace over full season…ugh for multi-millions/year.

May as well throw Pacquette in there as well, now has 9 games and 0 points. Obv on cheaper deal, but… even a second assist?

Tuna would be a solid third liner on this years team haha.

11 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

... Tuna would be a solid third liner on this years team haha.

If he could play centre I would absolutely agree

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Should have been traded last year. He was hardly playing or contributing even before the playoffs. Having said that he would fit right at hime with our sorry forwards. I expected us to bad, but I thought we’d score more than we have.

• tomh009 changed the title to Where are they now? News on past Habs prospects and playershttps://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?/topic/47278-where-are-they-now-news-on-past-habs-prospects-and-players/&do=getNewComment
  • tomh009 changed the title to Where are they now? News on past Habs prospects and players