Where are they now? News on past Habs prospects and players

alfredoh2009

Well, looking like Chiarot's season will end shortly and waste of a 1st round pick. Now we gotta hope Panthers suck next season, without Chiarot.

How about Toffoli's season? McDavid gonna stay hot?

Am pulling for Lehkonen to have big playoffs.:clap:

39 minutes ago, DON said:

Am pulling for Lehkonen to have big playoffs.:clap:

Me too, I love the kid and he'll always be a Habs legend after the goal that sent us to the finals last year. I hope he gets himself a nice payday with a good team.

Florida is discovering the difference between a dominant regular season and a successful playoff.

This is part of the equation that we often forget. You build a contender from the ground up, but then that contender will likely go through years of “learning how to win” and may, in fact, never get there. We see this with Toronto especially, but also with Florida. 

We should be grateful for the Run of ‘21 and keep fond memories of it, because even if the rebuild goes well, it is entirely possible that we will be looking at years of high-quality teams without getting back there. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Florida is discovering the difference between a dominant regular season and a successful playoff.

This is part of the equation that we often forget. You build a contender from the ground up, but then that contender will likely go through years of “learning how to win” and may, in fact, never get there. We see this with Toronto especially, but also with Florida. 

We should be grateful for the Run of ‘21 and keep fond memories of it, because even if the rebuild goes well, it is entirely possible that we will be looking at years of high-quality teams without getting back there. 🤷‍♂️

one of the reason's I want the Habs to tank in 2022-2023: to load up on elite talent for many years of contending with draft-based core

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

one of the reason's I want the Habs to tank in 2022-2023: to load up on elite talent for many years of contending with draft-based core

100% agree

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Florida is discovering the difference between a dominant regular season and a successful playoff ...

It will be interesting to see whether ownership shows the patience to build on this past regular season.

• 3 weeks later...

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

more on Bournival. I am so happy for him

AGREED

Through concussions, and serious knee and shoulder injuries he never gave up on being an NHLer until he chose his future over his dream ... if he is interested I would be pleased to see HuGo find the right spot for him in the Habs organization

a weird twist of fate

he is baa-aack

Oh, that Hugh-Gort is such a prankster ...

Edited by alfredoh2009
switched destiny for fate (right word in saying)

A long story on the Lehkonen trade in the Athletic today, with comments from Hughes, Lehkonen and Sakic.

Basically Sakic was pursuing Lehkonen for weeks, and Hughes kept saying "no", until Sakic finally added the second-round pick 15 minutes before the deadline.

The Habs coaches were unhappy with the Kulak trade, and even more so when they found out that they lost Lehkonen, too. Lehkonen himself knew it was business, but if he were to be traded, Colorado was his #1 destination.

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

A long story on the Lehkonen trade in the Athletic today, with comments from Hughes, Lehkonen and Sakic.

Basically Sakic was pursuing Lehkonen for weeks, and Hughes kept saying "no", until Sakic finally added the second-round pick 15 minutes before the deadline.

The Habs coaches were unhappy with the Kulak trade, and even more so when they found out that they lost Lehkonen, too. Lehkonen himself knew it was business, but if he were to be traded, Colorado was his #1 destination.

That is interesting to hear, given that both CJ and DD seemed to regard Kulak as a fifth wheel.

He played very well in EDM from what I could see and I would welcome him back under a coaching regime that actually believes in him. I tend to see him as a legit #5 puck-moving D-man who can gust up to a #4 when he's hot.

1 hour ago, DON said:

God, i hope not.

Why would you want that?

I was thinking the same.

Habs need RDs more than another bottom pair LD. Specially with all the young LDs that will be challenging for an NHL roster spot

1 hour ago, DON said:

God, i hope not.

Why would you want that?

He played well for us, he played well for Edmonton and he's still relatively young and would come back cheap. 

Give him a one year deal and trade him at the deadline again. 

On 6/15/2022 at 2:19 PM, tomh009 said:

The Habs coaches were unhappy with the Kulak trade, and even more so when they found out that they lost Lehkonen, too. 

That is surprising because it seemed like they undervalued him.

On 6/15/2022 at 6:01 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That is interesting to hear, given that both CJ and DD seemed to regard Kulak as a fifth wheel.

He played very well in EDM from what I could see and I would welcome him back under a coaching regime that actually believes in him. I tend to see him as a legit #5 puck-moving D-man who can gust up to a #4 when he's hot.

He did play well for the Habs and Oilers too.  It was interesting to see him getting into rushes with McDavid and Draisaitl.  I did see an article after his playoffs ended that he wants to come back.  I was surprised when I saw the Habs resigned Wideman because that might mess up Kulak returning.  

23 hours ago, Commandant said:

Give him a one year deal and trade him at the deadline again.

Yes, a 1 year deal would make a lot of sense and buy them some time because numerous Habs d prospects could probably benefit from 1 year in AHL.  

14 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... He did play well for the Habs and Oilers too ... Yes, a 1 year deal would make a lot of sense and buy them some time because numerous Habs d prospects could probably benefit from 1 year in AHL.  

But having played well why would he accept a one-yr contract?