Where are they now? News on past Habs prospects and players

alfredoh2009

30 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

that speaks about how they reacted to MSL, not necessarily how they viewed DD.

that's fine, no need to look for references, suffice it to day that it is your opinion, not facts taht : " The idea that Petry was the main player unimpressed with DD just isnt accurate."

Looking back,  a change in coaching was obviously required. HuGo spend a lot of time around the team, came to that conclusion and made a decision. It obviously wasn't just 1 player.  I felt bad for DD because he was dealt a horrible hand but a change was required. I think we have covered this over and over. On to the draft which should be a whole lot of fun!

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

that speaks about how they reacted to MSL, not necessarily how they viewed DD.

that's fine, no need to look for references, suffice it to day that it is your opinion, not facts taht : " The idea that Petry was the main player unimpressed with DD just isnt accurate."

Is counter with Caufield as exhibit A, as a counter to the argument that DD wasn’t a problem.

theree we’re also many other players who also said how their was more structure and a better system with MSL - that is also points to DD being an issue. We were not a playoff team - I said that at the start of the year, but DD made us a historically bad team.

43 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Looking back,  a change in coaching was obviously required. HuGo spend a lot of time around the team, came to that conclusion and made a decision. It obviously wasn't just 1 player.  I felt bad for DD because he was dealt a horrible hand but a change was required. I think we have covered this over and over. On to the draft which should be a whole lot of fun!

Agreed. Three core pieces should be the goal, and than hope for some lottery luck next year!

On 6/27/2022 at 8:59 AM, hab29RETIRED said:

Agreed. Three core pieces should be the goal, and than hope for some lottery luck next year!

Three core pieces? That would be a lot coming out of any draft.

This time around, one core piece - a future franchise cornerstone to boot - is an expectation, not a “goal.” This cannot be a Patrick Stefan/Nail Yakupov situation. Wright HAS to become a stud.

I guess the other two could come from swinging a deal to move up with pick #2, and then finding a gem somewhere after that. 

So yes, reasonable goals…but two core pieces is perhaps more realistic.

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Three core pieces? That would be a lot coming out of any draft.

This time around, one core piece - a future franchise cornerstone to boot - is an expectation, not a “goal.” This cannot be a Patrick Stefan/Nail Yakupov situation. Wright HAS to become a stud.

I guess the other two could come from swinging a deal to move up with pick #2, and then finding a gem somewhere after that. 

So yes, reasonable goals…but two core pieces is perhaps more realistic.

Hey. If we had kept McDonough, we would have had three core pieces from the 2007 draft. This year we have better quality and more quantity of picks.

• 4 weeks later...

Will miss your wheels in Laval, buddy. Have a great season in Europe!

No shocker with that move - it has been the expected outcome for months now.  If you can't crack the defence of the team with the fewest points in the NHL, there weren't going to be teams offering legitimate NHL opportunities.  In that case, go home, play a big role for a couple of years, and see if that's enough to get back on the NHL radar.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Best wishes ... I was surprised to see that in his 9 season more than half of his games (153 of 290) came over two seasons in Dallas (17/18, 18/19).

He was in Minnesota in 18/19 (as well as 19/20 and 20/21). :)

82 games for the Habs, 85 games for the Stars, 103 games for the Wild. After the Habs, he played for six (!) different western conference teams ...

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

He was in Minnesota in 18/19 (as well as 19/20 and 20/21). :)

82 games for the Habs, 85 games for the Stars, 103 games for the Wild. After the Habs, he played for six (!) different western conference teams ...

Apologies ... eyes got off-line when scanning across ... but the distribution, 153 over those two seasons and 137 over the other seven seasons, surprised me.

55 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Apologies ... eyes got off-line when scanning across ... but the distribution, 153 over those two seasons and 137 over the other seven seasons, surprised me.

Quite true about that! Ironically, those were also the years when he had a decent ($2.25M AAV) salary rather than something close to the league minimum.

On 8/10/2022 at 2:49 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

and he is not a forward ? or a flunkie?

Not sure what u mean?

He may do fine in Abbotsford, but dont expect him to be a NHL regular. 

6 minutes ago, DON said:

Not sure what u mean?

He may do fine in Abbotsford, but dont expect him to be a NHL regular. 

just commenting on the Tweet that says he is an “F” … not a very clever joke

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

Glad they didn't re-sign him. 

Agreed ... I didn't see them using up a "50 contract" slot on him ... AT MOST I wondered if they might have offered him a generous AHL contract as a veteran leader (depending on how else they planned on filling those slots) ... but in any event, at 29 Cedric may still have hopes of returning to the NHL and a one-way AHL deal isn't something from which I expect many former-NHLers come back.

With the speed of which the Habs (or Rocket) signed players to fill the veteran slots, there was no way Paquette was coming back.  I don't think they offered him anything or if they did, it was a very short-lived AHL offer. 

• 1 month later...

I believe this is a good fit for TT, east-coast USA team in need of a constant supply of USA college and high school kids that would not mind playing in CBJ. TT just couldn't land star players consistently

The greatest Beer run ever,  🎥 clip